Catherine Hershey School for Early Learning
The Communications / Marketing Manager will lead development and execution of the communication and marketing strategy for the CHS initiative. The Communications / Marketing Manager will focus on developing high-quality, engaging, and relevant communication strategies and marketing campaigns to increase awareness and trust of the CHS brand, both for prospective families and staff members. The role will be responsible for conducting traditional and digital marketing, communication, and media and community outreach, in addition to standardizing marketing materials and setting a common strategy across multiple Centers. The selected candidate should be proficient with technology, as he or she will be expected to leverage various content management systems and digital communication tools, utilize data analytics technology, and explore new digital products as the need arises.
- Establishing and executing the Communications and Marketing Strategy for CHS
- Managing core communication platforms including website CMS, social media, email marketing, and e-newsletters
- Researching, selecting, and overseeing paid marketing strategies, plans, and execution
- Setting creative direction and supervising design and production of content including photography, printed collateral, and videos
- Analyzing effectiveness of marketing campaigns and reporting results back to CHS leadership
- Creating content that can be leveraged across marketing mediums, including web and social platforms, internal and external websites, e-newsletters, and advertisements
- Using digital technology tools (i.e. website CMS, e-newsletter software) to assist in managing and promoting created content
- Supporting the Admissions Director with student and family recruitment efforts and community engagement through a communications and marketing perspective. Provide similar support for hiring activities.
- Ensuring the CHS Central Office and CHS Centers have the appropriate communications and marketing resources to seamlessly represent the CHS brand
- Ensuring all marketing and communications materials reflect CHS’ mission and strategic initiatives and are timely, accurate, and compelling
For more than 110 years, Milton Hershey School (MHS) has helped children realize their full potential by offering a top-notch private, cost-free education to students in pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade from income-eligible families. To expand and enhance the impact of Milton and Catherine Hershey’s vision, the Boards and management of Milton Hershey School and the Hershey Trust Company are launching the Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning (CHS), a cost-free, non-residential early childhood education program.
CHS plans to open six early childhood education Centers by 2027. The Centers are designed for children from birth to age 5 from economically disadvantaged and at-risk backgrounds with the goal of encouraging the development of a child’s educational, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical well-being. The CHS Initiative will provide a focus on core early learning programs through a rigorous and relevant curriculum that is aligned with a mission to nurture and educate enrolled children. Children also will receive supports such as nutritious meals and provisions of supplies, among other early learning enhancements. Finally, CHS will offer integrated support services for families of children enrolled in the Centers.
CHS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field (MBA in Marketing is a plus)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in related field required
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and platform
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- High level proficiency in using technology, including Microsoft Office, the internet, and social media platforms
- Experience leading and executing marketing and messaging strategies and brand stewardship including oversight of vendors’ delivery of contracted services
- Experience with website content management, blogs, e-newsletters, and marketing content is necessary
- Commitment to the mission and values of CHS and MHS
- High degree of integrity as a leader of CHS to internal and external stakeholders and a role model for all students
- Ability to deliver creative direction to result in high-quality content
- Superior collaboration skills and experience working in teams
- Creative problem solver and team player
- Track record of leveraging data analysis to drive decisions
- Technical SEO knowledge, layout and design skills / Adobe Creative Cloud background (preferred)
- Experience in digital marketing in Google Ad-words, social media advertisements, developing organic email lists, etc. (preferred)
- U.S. work authorized