Bethany Children's Home
Bethany Children’s Home is a non-profit organization located in Womelsdorf, PA (about 30 minutes west of Reading, PA), that aids children (ages 6-20) who are either temporarily or permanently removed from their current living situations due to safety concerns. Youth who reside on campus live in historic cottages and are supported by our staff. Our mission is to provide a safe place of nurture, protection, and supportive care to aid our residents in their self-understanding, growth, and healing toward a brighter, healthier future.
Our Cottage Life program at Bethany Children’s Home is looking for self-motivated individuals to come work with the population we serve. There are multiple needs for Campus Safety Team Members in the 2nd and 3rd shift. The Campus Safety Team Member is responsible for the implementation of the daily schedule and operations within campus premises.
- Carries out established procedures to assure the safety of persons, including Bethany Team Members, youth and visitors while present on campus.
- Implements procedures to protect Bethany property, including buildings, groups, equipment, and other assets, as well as non-Bethany property located temporarily or permanently on Bethany’s campus.
- Carries out emergency disaster plan drills or activities, or assigns to appropriate Team Members
- Patrols assigned area on foot, in assigned motor vehicle, or other specialized vehicle to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Patrols and monitors assigned parking areas to provide public security and assistance and parking permit compliance.
- Investigates incidents/accidents and prepare routine, standardized incident reports.
- Assists municipal, county and state police agencies when appropriate.
- Provides safety services as assigned or appropriate. These include, but are not limited to: providing safety and medical escorts, admitting authorized people to secured areas, locking and unlocking buildings or other areas, directing traffic, conducting fire evacuation drills and fire safety programs, and conducting crime prevention or campus safety trainings.
- Reports hazardous conditions and major mechanical or trades problems to the appropriate person or department. As necessary, take action to safeguard lives and property until such conditions can be addressed and resolved.
- A minimum of one year of experience working in security or residential human services.
- Must be over the age of 21.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Must be available for a two-week paid training upon hire.
Sign-on bonus: After being a part of Bethany Children’s Home for six months of employment you will receive $500. After completing a total of 12 months of employment you will receive another $500.