Brethren Village Retirement Community is hiring Certified Nurse Aides (C.N.A.’s). We have full-time, part-time, and PRN opportunities in our “5-star” rated, 120-bed Skilled Nursing Facility, and in our 5-star, 20-bed Short Term Rehabilitation Center. Brethren Village consistently follows sound infection control protocols, for the safety of our Residents and our Team Members.
Why join the Brethren Village team?
- Brethren Village offers weekend-only schedules; C.N.A.’s who commit to working 48 weekends per year receive a 50% pay premium during all weekend work hours.
- Brethren Village offers some Monday through Friday schedules (no weekend work), and 4-hour shift schedules.
- Newly-hired C.N.A.’s are eligible for an up to $2,000 bonus: $1,000 paid after successful completion of 6 months of employment as a full-time or part-time C.N.A., and $1,000 paid after successful completion of 1 year of employment as a full-time or part-time C.N.A.
- Brethren Village provides competitive starting rates of pay – $14.00 per hour minimum, with higher rates for those with work experience as a C.N.A.
- Brethren Village offers generous shift differentials ($3.00 extra per hour on the evening shift, and $2.00 extra per hour on the night shift) and weekend incentives ($1.00 extra per hour).
- Brethren Village maintains a relatively low ratio of Residents per C.N.A., so that our C.N.A.’s can provide the highest-quality care.
- Brethren Village reimburses newly-certified C.N.A.’s for their Nurse Aide training costs, once they have completed 260 work hours as a C.N.A. with us.
- Brethren Village offers a variety of work schedules to meet your needs; thorough on-the-job training; clean, well-run facilities and a beautiful campus environment; the opportunity to apply for positions throughout our organization.
C.N.A.’s (Resident Assistants) at Brethren Village make a positive difference in the lives of our Residents by providing exceptional care and services in a supportive manner.
Working cooperatively with nursing staff, the C.N.A. provides care to older adult Residents in our 120-bed Skilled Nursing Facility and in our 20-bed Short Term Rehabilitation Center, to enable each Resident to function at the highest possible level. Our C.N.A.’s support each Resident in a manner that maintains the Resident’s dignity. Working under the direction of nursing staff, C.N.A.’s:
- assist each Resident, based on his/her needs, care plan, and preferences, with dressing, grooming, hygiene / bathing, and bathroom tasks
- assist in transferring Residents as needed, such as from a bed to a chair, or by pushing a wheelchair;
- respond to requests from Residents in a helpful and timely manner, providing exceptional service at all times
- support nursing staff in observing changes in health status
- work cooperatively with nursing staff, dining aides, and other Team Members
Brethren Village offers a variety of work schedules to meet your needs. Typical work schedules in our Skilled Nursing Facility and Short Term Rehabilitation Center include:
- Full-time: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.; 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.; 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.; OR 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
- Part-time: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.; 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.; weekends-only with a 50% pay premium; OR 4-hour shifts, 2 to 3 days per week plus every other weekend
- PRN: opportunities are available on all shifts (bonuses, incentives, and shift differentials do not apply to PRN positions) – $17.00 PRN rate
C.N.A.’s typically work every other weekend and holiday.
Required Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- dependability: ability and willingness to meet attendance standards
- basic computer skills: the ability to access and navigate web sites, and use applications and databases independently
- the ability to read and to complete online training independently
- ability and willingness to consistently work in a safe and alert manner, and to report to work fit for duty; commitment to wearing protective equipment as required for the position, and adhering to all health and safety standards
- the ability and willingness to interact in a productive and professional manner with colleagues
- the ability to form positive and supportive relationships with Residents and other clients, and to provide exceptional care and service to others
- ability and willingness to represent Brethren Village and carry out responsibilities in a manner aligned with our core values of caring, integrity, stewardship, and excellence
Additional Requirements for This Position:
- a valid PA Nursing Assistant / Aide Certification (C.N.A.)
- current C.P.R. and First Aid certifications
- sincere interest in serving an older adult population, including those with dementia; prior experience caring for an older adult(s) desirable
- the ability to safely transfer Residents, properly using mechanical lifts when necessary (consistent adherence to safe lifting and transfer procedures is required); to safely push adult Residents in wheel chairs; to reach, bend, stand, and walk frequently during the shift
- the ability to quickly and safely assist Residents during emergency evacuations and other emergency situations
- thorough understanding of HIPAA privacy regulations
- ability and willingness to work every other weekend and holiday
- the ability and willingness to:
- assist Residents with activities of daily living – including eating, dressing, bathing, and bathroom tasks – in a manner that maintains their dignity
- be responsive to Residents’ needs; engage in conversation with Residents; maintain a positive, helpful, and friendly demeanor when interacting with Residents and their family members and guests
- provide effective care to Residents with dementia or who are exhibiting challenging behaviors
- remain calm in a fast-paced environment
- perform all work in an accurate, thorough, and safe manner
- work collaboratively with nursing staff and administrators