The Lancaster Chamber
- Perform job functions according to the below outlined sales process, focusing on consultative sales methods:
- Identify development opportunities, including membership sales, Value Added Products, sponsorships, event and program attendance, or Chamber advertising for both current and new members.
- Execute and deliver on Chamber membership retention process, including the Chamber’s Member Customer Journey.
- Develop new leads to maintain a full pipeline of prospective members.
- Conduct sales presentations with prospective and current members, sharing overall value of Chamber engagement opportunities.
- Establish and cultivate relationships in the business community on behalf of the Lancaster Chamber.
- Achieve monthly/quarterly/yearly sales and retention goals; monitor personal efforts and activities and make appropriate adjustments to achieve success.
- Establish relationships with staff members, volunteers and Chamber members for a collaborative referral process.
- Collaborate with Chamber Team and staff members towards achievement of sponsorship, event and program attendance or Chamber advertising.
- Manage and coordinate the recruitment and retention efforts of The Chamber Ambassadors.
- Assist in Chamber events and activities that may serve as potential recruitment and/or retention opportunities.
- Serve as a speaker at various community organizations’ events as a representative of The Chamber.
- Attend or participate in Chamber events or programming as required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience that demonstrates the capability to complete all listed responsibilities.
- At least two years’ experience in sales, business development, and relationship management.
- Familiarity with development activities in a non-profit organization or Chamber of Commerce.
- Capability to quickly learn and utilize a CRM database system.
- Moderate to extensive knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Moderate to extensive capability to conduct research using multiple platforms to gather information about businesses and individuals in the business community.
- Moderate knowledge of Zoom and other teleconferencing platforms.
- Capability to temporarily work from home.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups and individuals at all levels of business to conduct membership presentations.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to collaborate with internal Team Members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task; establish priorities and develop relationships.
- Must be comfortable working with all levels of staff (internal/external), volunteers and members.
- Motivated and driven to succeed.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.