Lancaster Theological Seminary / Moravian University
Based in Lancaster, PA, at Lancaster Theological Seminary, and reporting to the Moravian University executive director of alumni & family engagement, the associate director works within a collaborative environment and coordinates initiatives, programs, and events intended to engage alumni with Lancaster Theological Seminary to cultivate and inspire giving. The position also designs, manages, and executes development strategies and programs to maximize philanthropic support for institutional priorities. This position serves on a staff of committed fundraising and engagement professionals and works closely with leadership volunteers, families, and alumni. Salary range: $60,000-$70,000 annually.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with the executive director of alumni & family engagement, build a plan for alumni engagement at Lancaster Theological Seminary (LTS).
- Work closely with alumni leadership and others across LTS to design special outreach and activities that will increase alumni engagement and align support for annual and strategic initiatives.
- Develop and manage major alumni events (LTS Alumni Day) as well as additional programs/events throughout the year to improve engagement and support of alumni.
- Plan and execute on- and off-campus events for alumni of Lancaster Theological Seminary. Oversee event logistics, (including invitation and guest lists), relationship with venues/vendors/caterers or other service providers, and event budgets (including preparation, reconciliation, and processing invoices for payment).
- Create and manage volunteer programs to assist staff with the initiatives and goals of the department including the LTS Alumni Council.
- Via a strong, collaborative partnership with Student Services, develop, execute, and support student-centric engagement events on campus for all class years. This would include senior class events as well as Convocation, Orientation, and Commencement. Be visible and an active supporter of campus community celebrations and recognition activities focused on students.
- Implement immediate and long-range annual giving strategies that will meet or exceed established goals for unrestricted and restricted annual gifts and alumni participation, with an emphasis on Lancaster Theological Seminary, and build a pipeline for future support for the Seminary. Conduct regular, detailed, statistical analysis of annual giving programs and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Conduct outreach to a portfolio of approximately 50 prospects with the specific goals of acquiring, retaining, reactivating, and upgrading their contributions in a timely manner as well as providing engagement opportunities to them.
- Identify, analyze, and qualify donor interest to maximize giving, with an emphasis on moving annual donors to the major gift level.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Alumni & Family Engagement or his/her designee.
More details and application information is on the LTS website.