Brethren Village is seeking Home Care Aides. Brethren Village’s Home Care Aides make a positive difference in the lives of our Residents by providing effective care and services in a supportive manner.
Brethren Village consistently follows sound infection control protocols, for the safety of our Residents and our Team Members.
Newly-hired Home Care Aides are eligible for an up to $1,500 bonus: $750 paid after successful completion of 6 months of employment as a full-time or part-time Home Care Aide, and $750 paid after successful completion of 1 year of employment as a full-time or part-time Home Care Aide.
Working under the leadership of a nurse, the Aide provides direct care to older adult Residents to enable them to function at the highest possible level. The Aide:
- assists each client, based on his/her needs and preferences, with dressing, grooming, hygiene / bathing, eating, bathroom tasks, and walking/transportation
- records vital signs
- monitors and documents health-related changes
- responds to requests in a helpful manner
- may provide services to clients with dementia
- may perform light housekeeping and laundry in the client’s home
The Home Care Aide establishes positive and supportive relationships with Residents, and works cooperatively with nursing staff and other Team Members.
The Aide will travel, with his/her own vehicle, throughout our campus to Residents’ homes and apartments. A valid PA driver’s license, reliable vehicle, personal auto insurance, and a driving record free from excessive or serious violation is required, as well as the ability to work independently while on client visits.
Home Care Aides must be able and willing to work safely around client’s pets.
Currently-available Work Schedules:
- Part-time: 7:00 a.m. – noon, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays; 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Thursdays; 7:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Fridays
- Work hours and days will vary based on client needs; the Aide must be flexible with his/her schedule
- The Home Care Aide will typically work every other holiday, some weekends, and be expected to report to work during inclement weather
Required Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- dependability: ability and willingness to meet attendance standards
- basic computer skills: the ability to access and navigate web sites, and use applications and databases independently
- the ability to read and to complete online training independently
- ability and willingness to consistently work in a safe and alert manner, and to report to work fit for duty; commitment to wearing protective equipment as required for the position, and adhering to all health and safety standards
- the ability and willingness to interact in a productive and professional manner with colleagues
- the ability to form positive and supportive relationships with Residents and other clients, and to provide exceptional care and service to others
- ability and willingness to represent Brethren Village and carry out responsibilities in a manner aligned with our core values of caring, integrity, stewardship, and excellence
Additional Requirements for This Position:
- at least age 18
- Nurse Aide Certification (C.N.A.) desirable but not required
- current CPR and First Aid certification
- at least 1 year related experience providing direct care in a clinical setting
- a valid PA driver’s license, personal auto insurance, a reliable vehicle for travel throughout the Brethren Village campus, and a driving record free from excessive or serious violation is required
- willingness to provide assistance to clients with their dressing, grooming, bathing, eating, bathroom, and light housekeeping needs
- the ability to safely transfer Residents independently, properly using mechanical lifts when necessary (consistent adherence to safe lifting and transfer procedures is required); to safely push adult Residents in wheel chairs; to reach, bend, stand, and walk frequently during the shift; to safely assist Residents who may begin to fall
- the ability to work independently when on client visits
- thorough understanding of HIPAA privacy regulations
- ability and willingness to work around clients’ pets
- ability and willingness to work every other weekend and holiday, or as scheduled
- able and willing to work safely around client’s pets