Lancaster Bible College
Dimensions of the Position: General
Institutional Context – An understanding of Lancaster Bible College and its place in the non-profit educational world.
- A general understanding of higher education and a more specific understanding of Bible college
- A general awareness of the operation and philosophy of Lancaster Bible College.
- A clear understanding of the organizational structure of the College and its various departments.
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission, theological position, educational philosophy, and Christian life of Lancaster Bible
Personal Qualities – The ability to identify personal strengths, weaknesses, skills, and limitations, and to use this understanding profitably.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve as a
- A professional appearance and attitude
Spiritual Abilities – Evidence of a desire to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Christ.
- An identifiable salvation
- A pattern of spiritual development characterized by prayer, Bible study, and regular attendance at a local church or involvement in church
- A commitment to ministry and encouragement of others toward the
Dimensions of the Position: Specific
Education / Experience – to provide skilled background for the job tasks.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Special Skills – to apply professional and/or technical skills and other resources to the job tasks.
- Excellent ability to take accurate and detailed meeting
- Demonstrated experience in a professional, multitask
- Some experience in a non-profit higher education environment a
- A spirit of cooperation and a willingness to serve as a team is of the highest importance.
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office: Word, Excel, &
- Prefer experience in CampusVue, Canvas,
- Office skills, including typing skills, office machinery operations, and multi-line phone
- Strong editing and proofing skills. Strong written and oral communication skills, problem-solving and flexibility
- Self-starter, flexible, detailed-oriented, and able to handle confidential
- A servant mindset and people-centered dedication and focus
- Ability to work independently, exercise judgment and demonstrate problem- solving
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and tasks with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment to meet common goals
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills; high level of analytical skills; attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with adult learners
- A sincere understanding and commitment to adult education
Job Tasks – to determine specific tasks required of the position.
- Provide excellent communication and timely escalation to appropriate personnel regarding all projects and assigned
- Assist office staff to fulfill their job
- Participation in office meetings which includes taking and typing
- Handle all departmental phone calls and walk-in visitors pleasantly and courteously, being always approachable. Represent the office in a positive and approachable
- Assist the adult education team with recruitment and student orientation activities.
- Work closely with admissions counselors and advisors to ensure a smooth transition to college life for the adult education
- Be able to answer basic admissions-related questions about programs and
- Manage the hospitality center activities located in the front-office of the Adult Education
- Coordinate and schedule on-campus visits for prospective
- Prepare and update pre-registration
- Responsible for maintaining data from online forms and
- Responsible for admissions primary email
- Recruit, train, and supervise student workers for the Adult Education
- Compile prospect, admissions and student reports as
- Input recruitment and admissions data into Campus Vue and CRM
- Responsible for scanning and uploading key documents into student accounts
- Prepare files for Admissions Committee, sit on the committee with director of admissions, and prepare appropriate follow up to students. Responsible for: taking notes, recording admissions committee decisions, creating admissions letters to applicants regarding acceptance decisions (student success, probation, and/or provisional acceptance).
- Compose and send student communications as
- Represent all adult education programs in a positive manner on campus and in the
- Answer phone calls promptly and greet visitors in a courteous and professional manner, providing assistance and/or determining appropriate
- Perform general office duties as
- Update and order materials for the recruiting/admissions
- Recommend and create improved ways to enhance the adult education student experience both on campus and
- Schedule and maintain appointment calendars and tasks in Outlook or other project management software
- Supervise student workers.
Physical – The physical ability to use the body in primary type skills necessary to perform duties such as, but not limited to, the following:
* Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.