Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central PA (RMHC-CP)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant to Special Events is responsible for assisting the Development Department in the planning, coordination and implementation of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central PA’s (RMHC-CP) internal and external special events. This position will support advancing the organization’s brand and increasing community and donor engagement with RMHC-CP. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service and assist in creating memorable events that meet the organization’s intended goals and expectations.
COMPETENCIES: Communication and writing skills, Inter-personal/team effectiveness, Self-Starter, Administrative/Organizational Excellence, Action oriented and Results-driven, Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently, Computer competency and personable demeanor.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain event databases, platforms and electronic files
- Process event related monetary and in-kind donations
- Organize and prepare event auction forms, coordinating photos and item descriptions for bidding site
- Track income and expenses and complete event reconciliation documents at event conclusion
- Compose and generate donor acknowledgements for all donations received for special events
- Create criteria and pull mailing lists for event related mailings and collaborate with Marketing & Communications manager to complete
- Process mailings being handled internally
- Schedule and prepare documents for event committee meetings, attend as necessary
- Communicate with event sponsors gathering all information needed prior to events
- Oversee event registration and support day-of event set-up
- Work on post event activities to evaluate success and challenges
- Cross-train on Administrative Assistant to Development position and fill in as needed
- Assist with any additional special event components as directed by the Development Director
- Commitment to compliance with all insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of two to three years related experience
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Passion for the RMHC-CP Mission
- Associates degree is preferred
- Clean PA State Police, PA ChildLine and FBI fingerprinting clearances required
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and cellular phone are required
WORK SCHEDULE: The person hired for this position will have an opportunity to set their schedule, but hours worked must fall between Monday and Friday and be between the hours of 8am – 5pm. Ideally, the 20 hours would be split across 3 or 4 days. Greater flexibility with hours will be needed around events.
Our organization offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as an outstanding work environment at each of our program locations. If you are interested in joining our dedicated team of professionals, please submit your resume, cover letter and Application for Employment for any open positions listed below to email@example.com. No agencies or phone calls, please. RMHC-CP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.