The Lancaster Family YMCA
The Lancaster Family YMCA has a new job opportunity and is seeking an Accounting/HR Assistant who is looking to grow with us into an expanded role once operations demand it.
Full-time employees enjoy FREE use of the facilities for themselves and direct family members along with a generous PTO plan, health benefits, and an incredible retirement plan!
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Responsible for maintaining all bookkeeping and financial records
- Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable for the Association
- Generate Purchase Orders, Invoices and Statements
- Responsible for maintaining all invoicing and collection when necessary
- Maintain and update sales tax exemption and W-9 forms
- Maintain all office equipment and supplies, including copier and postage machines
- Collate packets, fold letters/documents, and prepare for distribution and/or mailing; coordinate mail distribution
- Maintain all accounting files and employee/volunteer files to ensure compliance with all legal requirements and “Y” requirements
- Input and maintain all employee information in HR systems including payroll and benefits
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis to meet required deadlines
- Assist with completing forms/reports requested by EEOC, National YMCA, Department of Labor, UC, etc.
- Respond to employee questions/requests in a timely manner
- Ensure all forms/documents submitted by Directors are complete and accurate
- Assist with New Employee Orientation as needed
- Maintain HR documents/forms so they are accurate and updated for use
- Administer processing of fringe benefits enrollment, changes, and terminations
- Collect and file worker’s compensation forms and processes new claims when instructed
- Process reports as required/needed
- Serve on the Safety Committee
- Coordinates staff business cards, stationery orders and office supplies for business/administrative offices
- Assists in other duties and projects as requested to support the Association and Corporate Office
- Associates in Human Resources Management or Business preferred, High School Diploma/GED required
- Two or more years’ experience in an office environment preferred
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and databases; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be extremely well organized and have a strong attention for details