Community Progress Council
ABOUT CPC’S EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION PROGRAM:
CPC’s Early Childhood Education programs provide high-quality, comprehensive school readiness services to families with children from birth to 5 years old. Our early childhood education services strive to meet preschoolers’ needs for intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth. This work prepares York County’s young children to enter kindergarten prepared to learn.
Family Engagement Specialists are human service workers who work with clients (Early Head Start/Head Start/Pre–K children and their families) to identify quality of life and developmental concerns, develop effective solutions, and link clients to appropriate resources.
More specifically, Family Engagement Specialists may:
- holistically the client’s living situation,
- the client’s strengths, needs, and/or concerns,
- the client’s eligibility for the program (EHS/HS),
- client’s need for assistance (all programs),
- assist client with goal development,
- link the client to appropriate resources and coordinate services,
- the client’s progress towards goals,
- offer client emotional support and encouragement.
Family Engagement Specialists (FES) maintain familiarity and contact with community resources. She/he work cooperatively with other CPC programs to serve clients and support the agency. FES‘s perform their jobs with direction from the Family and Community Engagement Manager or Pre–K Counts Coordinator in the case of the Pre-K Counts York City School District program.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, or a related field, plus one year of related experience is preferred.