13th annual Designathon
March 13, 2021
Begins at 9 am, ends at 8 pm.
In the span of one day…
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design students and faculty members (and countless gallons of coffee) will be tapped to create professional-quality design materials to benefit local non-profits during PCA&D’s 13th annual Designathon on March 13.
Designathon is an annual event held by the college’s American Institute of Graphic Arts Student Chapter (AIGA) that provides professional-quality design services at no charge to area non-profits and to the community-at-large. Students at PCA&D who participate in the Designathon gain real-world experience in creating projects for clients under a tight, one-day deadline. They learn that non-profits have very real marketing needs in order to be successful and that strong graphic design on well-organized collateral pieces is a vital component in successful communications and marketing plans. More importantly, students experience the value of giving back to the community.
WANT TO BE PART OF DESIGNATHON?
If you are a non-profit with the need for high-quality design work, you can submit an application to be part of Designathon. Here’s how:
- Complete the design application and email to Pam Barby, Chair of Graphic Design, by February 10.
- If selected, send logos, photos, and other pertinent material to Pam Barby by February 15.
- Select a representative or representatives to virtually meet with your assigned student group at 9 am on March 13 and give a brief presentation about your organization and the design work you are requesting.
- The same representative(s) will need to return online at 8 pm for the student group presentation, to accept the completed project.
- Follow the visibility guidelines by sharing your organization’s participation in Designathon and giving credit to PCA&D students for their work.
Questions about the application and process may be sent to Pam Barby, Chair of Graphic Design.
Questions about the visibility guidelines may be sent to Daina Savage, Director of Strategic Communications.