As the Fall 2023 semester quickly approaches at Millersville University, a group of students is preparing to start a new chapter of their life at the ‘Ville.
Joni Klopp, Director of Undergraduate Recruitment at MU, provided information on the Class of 2027.
First Year Students
- There are 1,542 First Year Students, including 1,217 freshmen and 325 transfer students
- There are 62 international students in the class of 2027, representing 33 nations.
- The majority will live on campus, with 1,032 students living in the residence halls
- 459 students will commute, and 51 will live off-campus
- The class of 2027 has an average GPA of 3.52
- A majority of the students live 1 – 2 hours away
- The First-Year students include 134 student-athletes
- Early education is the most popular major among the class of 2027!
The top six majors include:
- Early Ed: 161
- Biology: 147
- Undecided: 114
- Psychology: 103
- Business: 96
- Computer Science: 81
New for the Fall:
- Computer Science – new courses, Intro to Programming for Data Science I and Technical Interviewing
- Earth Sciences – new course, Introduction to Geospatial Applications
- Nursing – This fall, nursing will offer several MSN tracks in a fully online accelerated format; courses will be offered in 7-week semesters instead of the standard full term.
- Communication and Theatre department – Will offer a new minor in Media Studies
- College of Education and Human Services – The Department of Special Education is new this fall, along with a new fully online Early Childhood Education program