Click here to read the original post.
In an effort to provide you with information related to moving into your residence hall, we wanted to remind you of the new requirement. As announced to students via email on Wednesday, December 16, 2020 by Vice President Hazlett, students living in the residence halls will be required to be tested for COVID-19 as part of the Spring 2021 move-in process. Health Services will be on campus to administer the rapid COVID-19 test (free of charge) in Susan P. Luek Hall (24 Pucillo Dr., Millersville, PA 17551) before students receive their room keys. Students living in the residence halls will need to present to Housing staff proof that they have tested negative before they can receive their room key.
If a student has proof of receiving a negative test that was administered within 48-hours prior to arriving on campus, they may present this to Health Services in lieu of on-campus testing. We do understand this may cause various logistical hardships, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work through this process, which is designed to keep you and our campus community healthy and safe.
MOVE-IN / TESTING SCHEDULE – NOW OPEN
Students will schedule concurrently for a move-in / testing date and time through their University MAX account. Go to MAX-Student Services >> Housing & Dining >> MyHousing. The check in times available are below your assignment. These will be limited to available slots on Monday, January 18, 2021 and Tuesday, January 19, 2021 from 7:30 – 11a.m. and 1 – 5 p.m. There will be a strict adherence to this schedule in order to manage the flow of students arriving on campus, so late arrivals cannot be accommodated.
When you schedule your appointment for testing, you are acknowledging that you understand your HIPPA privacy rights as outlined below and authorize the release of COVID-19 test results. Consent / Release form (CLICK to review) and a HIPAA notification (CLICK to review).
Any late arrivals will have to reschedule and will not be able to move into the residence halls. Additionally, any special accommodations for scheduling will need to be coordinated and approved through the Health Services.
COVID RESULTS APP
Before arriving for testing, please download the NAVICA App and create an account to receive your results.
- When you sign up for an appointment, you will be asked to acknowledge a consent/release form (CLICK to review) and a HIPAA notification (CLICK to review).
Receiving your test results:
- You MUST install the NAVICA App on your phone and create an account to receive your test results.
The NAVICA App is available on Google Play and the Apple App Store.
TESTING & MOVE-IN PROCESS
- Please report to Susan P. Luek Hall at 24 Pucillo Dr., Millersville, PA 17551 on your scheduled day and time where you will receive your COVID-19 rapid test. There are numerous legal parking spots located near the building which may be used. Students should remain in their vehicle until their scheduled appointment time to avoid crowding at the entrance of the building. Only the student should enter the building to receive the test to eliminate crowding and to help with social distancing.
- After receiving the test, the student should return to their vehicle and drive to the Creek Drive parking lot. Within approximately 15 minutes, you should see your test results on the NAVICA app.
- Those with a negative result can park in their designated residence hall parking lot and proceed to their residence hall front desk to check-in. You MUST present the cell phone screen from the NAVICA app displaying the negative COVID result to the residence hall staff to be permitted to check-in.
- Those with a positive result will receive a phone call from Health Services staff and will be given additional instructions. If able, a student may return home to isolate for the required 10 days before returning to campus. Students testing positive who are not able to return home, will be required to temporarily move into isolation housing in a Marauder Suite “pod” unit in East or West Village for 10 days. These are 10 single bed units in one suite with two common bathrooms and a living room/ kitchenette area. More complete instructions will be given at that time.
This testing is NOT for students with symptoms. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have had significant contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, you should not report to campus. Please contact your primary care provider. Once you are asymptomatic, contact Health Services to be tested for admittance to the residence halls.
- Once you have parked and have received a negative result through the NAVICA App, the student should go directly to the front desk of their residence hall. Signage will be posted outside the residence halls directing you to the main entrance. All guests should remain outside and begin unloading items until the student returns.
- No more than two (2) guests may accompany the student inside the residence hall during the move-in process.
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the residence halls.
- We strongly encourage students to bring their own handcarts and / or carts as there will be none available to assist with moving-in. There will be no volunteers assisting with carrying student belongings to the rooms.
- You are required to bring your own personal protection equipment, such as masks and gloves to use inside the residence hall along with any disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer. Please note, the use of facial masks are required while on the Millersville University campus.
- Students should also bring with them a personal thermometer for daily self-screening.
- Dumpsters will be located outside of the residence halls so that you are able to dispose of any trash. Please breakdown all boxes before disposing.
We are working under federal, state and PASSHE guidance. Please continue to view the University’s Coronavirus page for updates as well as checking your student email account for ongoing information.
We appreciate your help and compliance with this process as we want everyone in the residence halls to be healthy and safe. Students should check their email daily as well as follow our Twitter and Instagram accounts for important updates.