How To Sign Up for Classes at Millersville University
Registering for classes – especially for first-time students – can be a confusing process. Luckily, the team at Millersville University has simplified the process into 12 easy steps to make sure you register for the classes you need.
Find Your Advisor: The very first thing you’ll need to do is find out who your academic advisor is. Just log in into your MU account by clicking here and scroll down until you see a section labeled, ‘Adviser Information For.’ If you don’t see anything there, send an email to the chair of your department – there’s a list of MU’s department chairs here – and they’ll be able to help you out!
Meet with Your Advisor: After you find out who your advisor is, the next thing you need to do is set up a meeting with them. They’ll able to help you figure out what classes you need, if there are any prerequisites and more!
Review Any Holds on Your Account: Next, it’s important to review any holds or bills on your account. If you don’t do this, you won’t be able to register for classes. You can do that by clicking here or by calling the registrar’s office at 717-871-5005.
Search For Your Courses in the Online Web Schedule
- Next, you’ll want to search for the classes you want in our Online Web Schedule, which you can view by clicking here.
- Write down the information you’ll need to input into MAX to actually register for the courses – don’t forget the Course Reference Number (CRN). The number is how you tell MAX what class you’re registering form.
- Need more information? Check out our Registration Guide for other helpful tips.
Registering For Classes in MAX
- First, go to Add/Drop Classes by clicking here.
- Using the dropdown, select the term you are trying to register for.
- You will be prompted to enter your ‘TAP’ number (a TAP number will be provided by your advisor). Tap numbers are only required for Fall and Spring semester and are not required of new incoming students. Click submit. (You should now see the Add Classes Worksheet.
- To add a class to your worksheet, click Class Search. If you already know the CRN number, simply enter the number in the box.
- You should now see a list of the various subjects. Click on the subject you want to add.
- Click ‘course search.’
- Find the title you want to view and click ‘view sections.’ This will show you the meeting times and dates for the class.
- Select the ideal meeting time and date.
- Click the ‘register’ button.