Millersville University’s Homecoming, originally planned with on and off-campus events on October 23 and 24, 2020, will now shift to a series of virtual celebrations on the same dates. This shift comes as a response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. More activities and information can be found online at millersville.edu/homecoming.
The line-up of online events includes:
- Homecoming @ Home Kits: Celebrate Homecoming in the comfort of your own house with these kits that will be available for purchase. Kits are built for a family of two or a family of four and include branded Millersville items.
- Miles for Marauders: Join us for a virtual walk or run to get you moving. Entrance fees will make an impact to support students.
- Virtual Golf Tournament: Submit your golf scores from the month of October and the top 20 golfers will receive a prize!
- Selfie Scavenger Hunt: an on-campus, safe and self-guided tour with special prizes given to those who complete the challenge.
- Digital Scrapbook: Those celebrating milestone reunions this year are invited to contribute their memories to a digital scrapbook, which will be shared online.
“We wanted to be sure we found a way to celebrate our Marauder Pride together,” says Gabrielle Buzgo, interim director of alumni engagement at MU, “even if we have to do it apart for this year.”
The University had already announced that the annual Millersville Parade, originally scheduled for October 24, 2020 has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The parade, a collaborative effort between Millersville University, Millersville Borough and the surrounding community is an annual event that typically attracts over 20,000 people. The next regularly scheduled Millersville Parade is slated for Saturday, October 16, 2021