Challenging, humbling, and rewarding are just a few words to describe the four year commitment that millions of students across America make to earn an undergraduate degree. After years of hard work and dedication, 390 Millersville University students will make that walk across the stage to receive their degree at the Fall 2018 Commencement Ceremony.
This year’s ceremony will be held in Pucillo Gymnasium on Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 2 p.m. The event will feature keynote speaker, Dr. Daniel Greenstein, the fifth Chancellor of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
Among the 390 students, the commencement ceremony will honor…
- Seven students with departmental honors in psychology, earth science, government, music, and applied engineering, safety and technology
- Four graduates of the honors college
- 10 students graduating Summa Cum Laude, highest honors
- 30 students graduating Magna Cum Laude, high honors
- 51 student graduating Cum Laude, honors
- One honors degree at the associate level
Other honors include a Doctor of Humane Letters, honoris causa, which will be awarded to the 14th president of Millersville University, Dr. John M. Anderson and his wife Vivien. This award recognizes the achievements the couple has made during their time at Millersville in order to enhance the well-being and advancement of all.
Proud parents, family and friends will also have the opportunity to watch the ceremony on a live feed. Interested parties should visit https://www.millersville.edu/commencement/index.php where the link to the feed will be posted one hour prior to the event.
For information on commencement, ticket information, directions and more, please visit https://www.millersville.edu/commencement/index.php.