The Presidential Search Committee at Millersville University has been working diligently and is making progress in the search for the next president. In early January the committee met in Philadelphia and held airport interviews. The search committee selected five candidates to come for official campus visits.
Presidential candidate campus visits began in February and will continue through next week. Each campus visit includes an open forum with the candidate for the entire University community.
The five finalists include:
- Mary Gowan, Dean and Kenneth R. Bartee Endowed Professor College of Business at James Madison University.
- Brian Rose, J.D., Vice President for Student Affairs at the State University of New York (SUNY) at Binghamton.
- Dione Somerville, Vice President for Student Affairs at Bloomsburg University.
- Philip Way, Interim President of Slippery Rock University.
- Daniel A. Wubah, Senior Advisor to the President at Washington and Lee University.
Additional information on the candidates is available at: http://www.millersville.edu/presidential-search/index.php.
The Council of Trustees for Millersville will meet in March to narrow the five candidates down to two. Those two names will be forwarded to the Board of Governors (BOG) to select the new president.
Current President, Dr. John Anderson announced that he will retire this year. His last day will be June 29.