Room, board and fees at Millersville University for the 2016-17 school year will only increase one percent. The increase was approved by the Millersville University Council of Trustees (COT) at their March 16 meeting.
Room and board will be $6,112, an increase of $44/semester; a 0.7 percent increase. General fees will be $1,038, an increase of $27/semester; a 2.7 percent increase. When combined, the total increase will is one percent.
Fees for graduate students will increase 2.8 percent.
“We worked diligently to hold the line on any increase for our students,” said Roger Bruszewski, vice president of finance and administration at Millersville University.
In other action, the COT approved annual payments of $5,000 to the Blue Rock Regional Fire Company and $3,000 to Lancaster Community Safety Coalition. And, they approved emeritus status for Dr. Vicki Gillmore, associate professor of nursing from 1981-2007 and Dr. William Wolf, assistant professor of art & design from 1989-2014.
The COT also approved the naming of five new endowments from the Millersville University Foundation;
- Diana’s Dreamers: Determined to Defeat Breast Cancer – will support student health and wellness programming.
- Lois T. Morgan ’54 Field Hockey Scholarship – tuition to field hockey team members.
- Judy and Ralph Anttonen Women’s Intercollegiate Field Hockey Scholarship Endowment – awarded to a student athlete in field hockey.
- MAK Athletic Scholarship Endowment – for students participating in intercollegiate athletics.
- The Martin Scholar Endowed Scholarship – for students with financial need.