When classes started on August 30, in addition to the new students, there were also several new faculty and staff members on campus. The following is a list of new employees, new positions for employees and a couple of the major searches taking place.
Joshua Decker has been named director of the Millersville University Marauder Marching Band. He has his master’s and bachelor’s degrees in music education from West Chester. Decker studied saxophone and conducting and has previous experience conducting the Conestoga Valley High School marching, concert and jazz Bands. In addition, he taught band at Cumberland Valley, Mechanicsburg and West Chester High Schools. He performed with the Reading Buccaneers Drum and Bugle Corps and the West Chester University Marching Band. He is a member of the National Music Educators Conference as well as the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association. The Marauder Marching Band is open to all University students. For additional information, please visit http://www.millersville.edu/~muband/.
Social Equity & Diversity
President Francine G. McNairy recently announced that Hiram Martinez will serve as interim assistant to the president for social equity & diversity effective August 30. Since coming to Millersville in January 2001, Martinez, has served several roles within the social equity office including equity & diversity coordinator, interim assistant director and most recently, associate director. Martinez holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from Bloomsburg University and a master’s degree in public administration, with a concentration in human resources management from Penn State University. The announcement comes in the wake of Patricia Hopson-Shelton’s retirement from Millersville after 23 years of service.
The new faculty orientation program was held August 18 & 19. Pictured above are: Dr. Mark A. Boyle, music and Dr. Jennifer Jeffrey-Pearsall, psychology. Absent: Dr. Ofelia Traistaru, physics and Dr. Vera Volchansky, music.
Other announcements in academic affairs include:
– Cameron Kane was named as a new administrative assistant.
– Imani S. Powell was named assistant director of admissions.
– Elaine M. Raffucci was named director of Migrant Education.
– Dr. Angela M. Tekely was named associate dean, College of Graduate & Professional Studies.
– Paul Young was named director, Corporate University.
Finance and Administration
– Mike Mentzer was hired as an HVAC mechanic.
– Lisa Ulishney was hired as a food service worker.
Financial Aid – Emiyaril Andino has been hired as the PHEAA Grant / Veteran’s Coordinator. She was previously employed by the Spanish American Civic Association and, was a graduate assistant at Millersville University
Health Services –
– Joanne Ocasio, R.N., has been hired as a nurse supervisor. She was previously employed by Ephrata Community Hospital.
– Anne Pryzbylkowski, CRNP, has been hired as a nurse practitioner. She works part-time at SouthEast Lancaster Health Services.
– Jean Ressler was hired as a clerk typist. She was previously employed by Millersville’s nursing department.
Intercollegiate Athletics –
– Shell Behrens, field hockey head coach, was elevated from part-time to full-time.
– Jennifer Constantino was named interim assistant volleyball coach. She previously served as head volleyball coach at Albright College.
– Mike O’Brien, women’s soccer head coach, was elevated from part-time to full-time.
– Jamie Shadd was named assistant women’s soccer coach. She previously served as an assistant coach at Allegheny College.
– Jon Shehan, baseball head coach, was elevated from part-time to full-time.
– Joseph De’Rail Sims was named a football coaching intern. He previously served as assistant coach at Pikesville College.
– Brian Smith was named interim head volleyball coach. He previously served as assistant coach at Millersville University.
– Steve Widdowson, men’s soccer head coach, was elevated from part-time to full-time.
– Darrell Ware was hired as a police officer. He was previously employed by Pennsylvania Capitol Police and Cheyney University.
– A search is currently underway for a new police chief for Millersville University. Lieutenant Arthur White has been named interim police chief during the search. White has been a member of the MUPD since 1994, and has a wealth of experience with students, law enforcement and the community.
A search is currently underway for a new marketing director in University Communications & Marketing to replace Elizabeth Braungard, who took a position at Elizabethtown College. During the search, advertising and marketing questions should be directed to Amy Dmitzak.