What a year we have had! We have been remote and we have been in person, but most importantly we are together again! The internet has a way of keeping us all together on a daily basis through social media, email, shopping, and most important to us, teaching and learning. This year has also shown an increase in malware and ransomware within higher education. That just means we need to be more vigilant on how to stay safe online both at work and home. We have to do our part and be cyber smart.
The priorities of the month will be as follows:
- Week of October 4 (Week 1): Be Cyber Smart.
- Week of October 11 (Week 2): Phight the Phish!
- Week of October 18 (Week 3): Explore. Experience. Share. – Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week
- Week of October 25 (Week 4): Cybersecurity First
Some events and activities for the month:
- Tips posted on the MU-NCSAM blog page – https://blogs.millersville.edu/ncsam/
- Mandatory Cyber Security Awareness Training
- Pop Up Tables to meet IT staff and ask questions.
- Educational opportunities around 2FA – Multi Factor Authentication
- Social Media Posts / Discussions at https://www.facebook.com/muncsam
- and much more…