Please follow these steps to ensure that you have your student housing secured for the 2019 – 2020 academic year.
To Continue to Live On-Campus for Fall 2019 – Spring 2020
Steps to follow:
- Secure your on-campus housing by paying your $200 non-refundable housing deposit on your MAX account
- March 1 – 4, 2019: Match with your roommates. (Make sure it is mutual)
- If you plan on living in the same room with the same roommates DO NOT match
- Select your room (Dates below)
You can select your room through your MAX account. Make sure you select your room according to the following schedule:
- Shenks Hall Only: Tuesday, March 5, 2019. Please note that Shenks fills up very fast.
- Same Room Selection: March 6th – March 10, 2019. DO NOT match with roommates if you are already living with them and want the same room.
- Open Room Selection: March 19 – March 29, 2019
Remember the University’s Housing Residency Requirement:
All full-time undergraduate students with less than 60- credit hours earned are required to live on campus. On campus is defined as residing in one of the following residence halls: East Village, Reighard Hall, Shenks Hall, South Village, or West Village. Students interested in living off-campus must have completed at least 60 credits before they can move off-campus.
Students who have not yet completed 60-credit hours but have completed at least 30-credit hours can live in our affiliate housing. Affiliate housing is defined as any housing managed by Student Lodging, Inc. (SLI), which includes Brookwood, College View, Wellness, and other properties owned by SLI.
To Live in Student Lodging, Inc. (SLI) Affiliate Housing
Steps to follow:
- Submit an off-campus request to HARP through MAX. See the instructions below.
- If approved, you will receive a waiver from HARP emailed with a specific waiver number. At that point, you may apply with SLI at their office. You must provide your printed waiver to the SLI office staff.
- Complete your application and payment with SLI. All students planning to live in an apartment together must have approved waivers before the SLI application will be accepted.
*Note: Affiliate housing waivers are limited and are based on a first come, first served basis provided that space is available.
HARP Off-Campus Request
- Log into your MAX account.
- Select Student Services. Then select Housing and Dining
- You will then choose Off Campus Housing Request for the Fall 2019 term.
- Provide all the required information and choose your off-campus option (Off-Campus / Student Lodging or Commuting).
- Select I agree to the terms and your request will be submitted for Fall 2019.
- You will be notified regarding your waiver request.
If approved for SLI , you will receive two emails. One as an approval from MAX and one with the actual waiver number listed. You then must take this printed waiver to SLI as part of the application process.