What should you bring with you when you move into the residence halls? We’ve compiled a list of essentials that you should bring with you on move-in day to help you answer that question. Feel free to print out this list and check off items as you get them to keep track of what you have/don’t have.
Due to the uncertainty surrounding the current COVID-19 situation, we ask that you do not pack everything you own, and that you stick to bringing the absolute essentials. Examples are listed below. This will also expedite the move-out process in the case that we need to fully close the residence halls due to the changing COVID-19 environment. Additionally, on-campus housing will be closed for the remainder of the semester on November 21, 2020 at 5:00pm. We stress that you pack lightly in order to simplify the move-out process.
Please note that we will NOT provide hand carts/trucks/dollies, so students should prepare accordingly to bring their own. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your continued cooperation as we navigate this challenging situation.
Essentials for your room:
- Bedding (sheets, comforter, pillowcases)
- Plastic storage bins
- Clothing (weather appropriate – short sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, shorts, pants, shoes, socks and underwear)
- Laundry basket (Tip: bring one that folds up for easy packing and moving)
- Laundry detergent
- Small trash can
- Dustpan and brush
- Cell phone
- Desk supplies (pens, pencils, scissors, stapler, etc)
- Hand sanitizer
- A personal thermometer for daily self-screening
- Mini-refrigerator (The University contracts a third party for leasing refrigerator and microwave units which are leased on a yearly basis and will be delivered to your room. For more information, visit the MicroFridge website.)
Essentials for your bathroom:
- Hand soap
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, etc.
- Trash bags and small trash can
- Toilet plunger
- Toilet brush
- Toilet paper (You must provide your own toilet paper)
- Cleaning supplies, including toilet bowl cleaner, disinfectant cleaning spray, paper towels
Click here to learn more about what to bring and what not to bring with you. Keep packing hassle-free and eliminate the stress of move-in day by following our guide of what you should bring with you when you move into your residence hall. Remember: Students living on-campus for the Fall 2020 semester are strongly encouraged to pack lightly and focus on bringing essential items. Let us know if you have any questions about what you should/should not bring with you to move-in day in the comments!
Subscribe to our blog to receive email notifications whenever we make a new post!
Follow us on social media:
Twitter: @villehousing. Twitter QR Code:
Instagram: @villehousing. Instagram Nametag: