We have compiled a list of questions and answers regarding important information about housing for the Spring 2021 semester. This information only applies to campus housing, which includes East, South and West Villages along with Reighard and Shenks Halls.
This page will be updated with new information once it is released. Please check this site, the Millersville University website, and your Millersville University email regularly for important updates regarding the Spring 2021 semester.
Q: When does the spring housing application open?
- A: The application opens October 1, 2020. To find the application, login to your MAX account > Student Services > Housing and Dining > myHousing > Applications.
Q: Who has to fill out the spring housing application?
- A: Any student looking for housing for the Spring 2021 semester. This includes current residents and students who did not live on campus in the fall but would like to live on campus in the spring.
Q: When does the application close?
- A: The spring housing application will close on January 15th, 2021 though this date may be subject to change.
Q: Can I fill out the application and opt-out of housing later if I change my mind?
- A: Yes, we will be accepting cancellations.
Q: Will I be able to request a specific room through the application?
- A: Filling out the application guarantees you a spot in the residence halls but not a particular room/suite type or building.
Q: Can I pick a suitemate?
- A: Yes, we will try to accommodate as many requests as we can.
Q: Will I be in my current assignment for the spring semester? (applies to current residents only)
- A: We cannot guarantee that at this time due to the evolving COVID-19 environment, but we will try our best to accommodate specific room requests.
Q: Will I be sharing a room?
- A: Students will share a suite, but each student will be placed in their own bedroom at the listed rate for that particular type of unit.
Q: When is the bill due?
- A: Housing assignments and bills will be released on November 13, 2020.
Q: When is move-in?
- A: Move-in for the Spring 2021 semester will take place Monday, January 18th and Tuesday, January 19th. Students must sign up for a move-in date and time. The sign-up can be accessed by logging into MAX and going to Student Services > Housing and Dining > myHousing.
Q: Do I need to get tested for COVID-19 prior to moving in?
- A: Yes. Health Services will be on campus to administer the rapid COVID-19 test (free of charge) in Susan P. Luek Hall (24 Pucillo Dr., Millersville, PA 17551) before students receive their room keys. Students living in the residence halls will need to present to Housing staff proof that they have tested negative before they can receive their room key. If a student has proof of receiving a negative test that was administered within 48-hours prior to arriving on campus, they may present this to Health Services in lieu of on-campus testing. Students who do this will still need to schedule a day and time with Health Services as part of the move-in process.
Q: What do I need to know about the move-in process?
- A: Students will receive their room keys once they show proof of a negative test to Health Services. To maintain a safe and socially distant move-in process, students will be required to sign-up for a specific day and time through myHousing. Students will be permitted to have two (2) family members or friends to help with moving in. Students and families are responsible for providing their own personal protective equipment (PPE) such as masks and gloves to use inside the residence hall along with any disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer. Please note, the use of facial masks is required while on the Millersville University campus. All students and move-in helpers are required to wear a mask while inside the residence halls. Those who do not have a mask will not be permitted inside the building. There will be no moving carts available, so students should prepare accordingly to bring hand carts/hand trucks/dollies. There will be no volunteers assisting with carrying student belongings to the rooms.