The residence halls will close for the semester break with residents expected to move out of the residence halls. Residents who were not already approved for break housing are expected to remove all belongings, return the residence hall key and properly check out of the residence hall no later than Noon on Saturday, November 21, 2020.
Residents were emailed information with a specific link for your building / wing to sign up for a move out time. That link is unique to your building / wing and should not be shared. We are creating a week long timeframe to allow for proper social distancing. We are permitting five move-outs per hour per building / wing based upon the following schedule:
Sunday, November 15, 2020 – Saturday, November 21, 2020
Monday – Friday: 8 AM – 8 AM
Saturday: 8 AM – Noon
This should give you enough flexibility throughout the week while also helping to ensure proper safety protocols. Please understand that there will be no partial housing refunds / credits for the day that you choose to leave; the process is occurring in this manner to better ensure safety rather than having 600+ residents and their parents / guardians coming to campus to move out on the same day or two that normally occurs during a non-pandemic year. Those very few who have already been approved for either of the break housing periods and have received official confirmation do not have to reserve a day and time.
We are requiring a complete move out due to the following factors:
- Given the various COVID restrictions that we are facing, including the unavailability of dining services after that time, we are not approving students to remain simply for convenience sake like in previous years (e.g., prefer to stay, working locally, etc.)
- We will have the ability to clean rooms over the break period for occupancy in the spring.
- Dining Services will close all operations on Friday, November 20th at 8:00 PM so there will be no on-campus food options.
- If there is another campus closure like occurred in spring 2020, students already have all their belongings with them with no need to return to campus.
- Students may be reassigned to a different residence hall for the spring semester.
Residence Halls Closing & Move Out Information
- The residence halls will be closed during semester break except for students already approved for Academic (to 12/13/20) or Continuous Break housing (through 01/24/21).
- Building card access for all resident students will be discontinued during the semester break. Only students who have already been approved for semester break housing will have card access privileges.
- No more than two (2) guests may accompany the student inside the residence hall during the move-out process.
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the residence halls.
- We strongly encourage students to bring their own handcarts and / or carts as there will be none available to assist with moving out.
- You are required to have your own personal protection equipment, such as masks and gloves to utilize inside of the residence hall along with any disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer. Please note, the use of facial masks are required while on the Millersville University campus.
- You may want to coordinate with your suitemates (if applicable) to coordinate different move-out dates and / or times to maximize social distancing efforts.
- The last meal at the Upper Deck will be dinner on Friday, November 20 from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
- The Anchor will close at 6:00 PM on Friday, November 20th.
- The dining app with pickup from the Anchor Café window will be available until 7:00 PM on Friday, November 20th.
Semester Break Checkout Procedures
Prior to the start of the semester break, all resident students MUST:
- Dispose of all trash by removing it to the dumpster in the parking lots outside of your residence hall.
- Fully clean the room/suite including sweeping the floor and wiping down furniture.
- Fully clean your bathroom and report any issues with constant run toilets, sinks, showers to the residence hall staff.
- Remove all belongings from your suite.
- Set the thermostat to 70 degrees.
- Close and lock your room window (Villages).
- Lower the blinds halfway but leave them open (Villages).
- Turn off the lights.
- Lock your bedroom door and your suite door.
- Properly check out and return your room key to residence hall staff as directed. Instructions will also be posted by each residence hall lobby desk.