Thanksgiving Break will begin at 10pm on Tuesday, November 21, 2023, after night classes. All students planning to stay for Thanksgiving Break must register by completing the “Break_Thanksgiving_2023 Application” that is in your MyHousing Account. There is no additional cost to stay over the break, but you must apply to be approved. All students that apply to stay are approved and you will receive an email confirmation once you have completed the application. The application will close at 3pm on Monday, November 20, 2023. Students not staying for Thanksgiving Break can return to the halls starting at 12 noon on Sunday, November 26, 2023.
To complete the application, follow these instructions:
1. Log into your MAX Account
2. Select Student Services
3. Select Housing & Dining
4. Select MyHousing
5. In your MyHousing Account, go to the Applications tab on the left side and complete the “Break_Thanksgiving_2023 Application.”
6. Once you complete the application, you will receive an email stating that your application was completed.
The Residence Hall Staff may conduct Health and Safety Inspections in each residence hall suite at the start of the Thanksgiving break. Please carefully review the following instructions and information to avoid violations of the Student Code of Conduct for improper maintenance of your residence hall suite/room.
Thanksgiving Break Housing Information:
- All University Administrative Offices will be closed on Thursday, November 23, 2023, and Friday, November 24, 2023.
- Guests and Visitation is not permitted during the break. Guest visitation will start back up at 12noon on Sunday, November 26, 2023.
- Residence Hall Offices will have limited hours of operation during the break – see front desk for contact information.
- See Dining Services , Health Services, The Hub websites for hours of operation
- The Housekeeping and Facilities Management Staffs may be working in the campus residence halls to perform maintenance tasks during the break that require entrance to resident rooms.
Thanksgiving Break Preparation Procedures:
Prior to the start of the break, all resident students MUST:
- Dispose of all trash by removing it to the dumpster in the parking lots outside your residence hall.
- Clean your room/suite, including sweeping the floor and wiping down furniture.
- Clean your bathroom and report any issues with constant run toilets, sinks, and showers to the residence hall staff.
- Remove stale food from your refrigerator and properly dispose of it through proper trash removal.
- If you are leaving for the break, turn off the lights.
- If you are leaving for the break, set the thermostat to 72 degrees.
- If you are leaving for the break, close and lock your room window (Villages).
- If you are leaving for the break, lower the blinds halfway, but leave them open.
- If you are leaving for the break, lock your bedroom door and your suite door.
- If you are leaving for the break, please move all items from your residence hall floor, especially computer equipment and any items that can be damaged by flooding.
- If you are leaving for the break and you have a Learning Services approved animal in your room, you MUST take the animal with you. You MAY NOT leave animals in the residence hall in the care of another student or staff member.
Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving Break!