The Thanksgiving break will start at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 27, 2019. The residence halls will remain open for occupancy during the Thanksgiving break with a modified office hours schedule, but we ask resident students to register an intention to stay on campus during the Thanksgiving break (this includes those residents requesting to leave late and / or returning early) no later than 7:00 p.m. on Friday, November 22, 2019. This registration is for Thanksgiving break only. There is no additional cost to stay over the Thanksgiving break. Please register subsequent breaks separately as the portal becomes available for each break period.
Follow these instructions:
- Open MAX (for best results, please use Google Chrome, or Firefox, do not use Internet Explorer).
- Log into your My-Housing account.
- Select Application from the menu in black and then choose Break Housing Thanksgiving 2019 on the drop-down menu.
- Complete the required information.
- You must select a reason for requesting break housing from the drop-down menu. If you select other, you must explain it in the next box.
- Select “Continue” to submit your application.
The Residence Hall Staff may conduct Health and Safety Inspections in each residence hall suite at the start of the Thanksgiving break. Please carefully review the following instructions and information to avoid violations of the Student Code of Conduct for improper maintenance of your residence hall suite/room.
Thanksgiving Break Housing Information:
- The residence halls will be operational during Thanksgiving break.
- All University Administrative Offices will be closed on Thursday, November 28, 2019 and Friday, November 29, 2019.
- Guests and Visitation are not permitted during the break.
- Residence Hall Offices will have limited hours of operation during the break – see front desk for contact information.
- See Dining Services and Health Services web sites for hours of operation.
- The SMC Desk will be closed from 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 27, 2019 until Noon Friday, November 29, 2019
- Non-urgent police and campus calls dial (717) 871-4357. Emergencies dial 911.
- Students are not required to surrender residence hall keys to the staff prior to leaving for the break.
- The Housekeeping and Facilities Management Staffs may be working in the campus residence halls to perform maintenance tasks during the break that require entrance to resident rooms. The Housing Staff may post a courtesy sign on your door indicating that the room is occupied. This sign will ensure that workers will not enter your room without knocking. Please leave it in place for the duration of the break.
Thanksgiving Break Preparation Procedures:
Prior to the start of the break, all resident students MUST:
- Dispose of all trash by removing it to the dumpster in the parking lots outside your residence hall.
- Clean your room/suite, including sweeping the floor and wiping down furniture.
- Clean your bathroom and report any issues with constant run toilets, sinks, and showers to the residence hall staff.
- Remove stale food from your refrigerator and properly dispose of it through proper trash removal.
- If you are leaving for the break, turn off the lights.
- If you are leaving for the break, set the thermostat to 70 degrees.
- If you are leaving for the break, close and lock your room window (Villages).
- If you are leaving for the break, lower the blinds halfway, but leave them open.
- If you are leaving for the break, lock your bedroom door and your suite door.
- If you are leaving for the break, please move all items from your residence hall floor, especially computer equipment and any items that can be damaged by flooding.
- If you are leaving for the break and you have a Learning Services approved animal in your room, you MUST take the animal with you. You MAY NOT leave animals in the residence hall in the care of another student or staff member.
Image courtesy of Pexels.