The residence halls will close at 7 PM on Friday, May 06, 2022. Residents are expected to move out of their residence halls and turn in their keys within 24 hours after their last exam. Resident students who are graduating, are involved in graduation, have a Friday afternoon final, or has an extenuating circumstance must speak with their Residential Area Director by 5 PM on Wednesday, May 04, 2022, to obtain permission to remain in the halls until Saturday, May 7, 2022. Everyone staying will need to be checked out by 6 PM on Saturday, May 07, 2022.
Students may move out prior to finals, just make sure to follow the procedures listed below
Review the following information carefully to avoid violations of the Student Code of Conduct and additional charges for improperly checking out of your residence hall room.
QUIET HOURS FOR FINAL EXAMS
Please keep your fellow students in mind as they prepare for exams. Quiet hours will be maintained, 24 hours a day, beginning at 9PM Friday, April 29, 2022, and continuing through the end of the semester.
Prior to leaving for the summer break, all resident students MUST properly check out of their room. All residents must do the following prior to the actual check-out:
- Remove all belongings from your area of the room (open desk/dresser drawers). You may not keep items in your suite and there is no storage available.
- Dispose of trash by removing it to the dumpster area outside of your residence hall.
- Clean the room by sweeping the floor and wiping down furniture to remove dust and sticky residue.
- Clean the bathroom(s). This would include cleaning the toilet, shower, sink, and floor area. This should not be left for the last resident to clean.
- Return furniture to its original position. See the schematics posted on the bulletin board of your hallway.
- Un-bunk beds and make sure that the bed frame is at the proper height.
The LAST resident to check-out of a room should also do the following:
- Turn off the lights.
- Set the thermostat to 70 degrees.
- Close and lock the window.
- Lower the blinds halfway but leave them open.
- Lock your bedroom and suite door.
To use the Express Check-out Procedure:
- When you are ready to check-out, proceed to the main desk of each residence hall and you will find express check-out envelopes next to a locked drop box.
- Complete all the information required on the front of the envelope.
- Sign your name as indicated.
- Place your room key inside the envelope and seal it. Shenks/Reighard residents should include your parking pass.
- If you have lost your key, complete the envelope, and write on the front: “No key enclosed, lost key.”
- Drop the envelope into the lock box.
Remember to take your bicycle with you before you leave campus. As of Sunday, May 8, 2022, all bicycles left in the residential areas will be removed.
The last day for mail delivery will be Friday, May 6, 2022. All first-class mail will be sent to your home address over the summer except for packages, which must be returned to sender. Newspapers and magazines cannot be forwarded.
Registered summer session residents will be assigned to live in South Village D wing. You must move out of your spring room assignment by the deadliness published above even if residing in South Village D. There is no storage available, and you will need to remove all your belongings at spring closing and checkout using the instructions above.
For information regarding summer housing, please contact the University Housing and Conference Services Office in Lombardo at (717) 871-4200 or see “Summer Housing” on the Housing webpage. Student housing on-campus is available during Summer Sessions 1, 2, & 3.
MOVE-IN FOR FALL 2022 REMINDER
Returning Students can check into the halls starting on Saturday, August 20, 2022. More information will be forthcoming for Fall 2022 opening calendar and instructions.
If you have any questions, please speak with the Residential Area Director for your residence hall.
Have a safe and enjoyable summer!