The fall break will start after classes on Friday, October 8, 2021. The residence halls will remain open for occupancy during the fall break.
The Residence Hall Staff may conduct Health and Safety Inspections in each residence hall suite during the fall break. Please carefully review the following instructions and information to avoid violations of the Student Code of Conduct for improper maintenance of your residence hall suite/room.
Fall Break Housing Information:
- The residence halls will be operational during the fall break.
- University Administrative Offices will be open during fall break during regular business hours.
- Guests and Visitation is not permitted during the break.
- Residence Hall Offices will have limited hours of operation during the break – see front desk for contact information.
- See Dining Services and Health Services web sites for hours of operation.
- Students are not required to surrender residence hall keys to the staff prior to leaving for the break provided that you are not withdrawing from the University at that time.
- The Housekeeping and Facilities Management teams may be working in the campus residence halls to perform maintenance tasks during the break that require entrance to resident rooms.
Fall Break Preparation Procedures:
Prior to the start of the break, all resident students MUST:
- Dispose of all trash by removing it to the dumpsters in the parking lots outside your residence hall.
- Clean the room/suite including sweeping the floor and wiping down furniture.
- Clean your bathroom and report any issues with constant run toilets, sinks, showers to the residence hall staff.
- Remove stale food from your refrigerator and properly dispose of it through proper trash removal
- If you are leaving for the break, turn off the lights
- If you are leaving for the break, set the thermostat to 74 degrees
- If you are leaving for the break, close and lock your room window (Villages)
- If you are leaving for the break, lower the blinds halfway but leave them open
- If you are leaving for the break, lock your bedroom door and your suite door
- If you are leaving for the break please move all items from your residence hall floor, especially computer equipment and any items that can be damaged by flooding.
- If you are leaving for the break and you have a Learning Services approved animal in your room, you must take the animal with you. You may not leave animals in the residence hall in the care of another student or staff member.
Please consult your residence hall staff should you have any specific questions.