Ridley Park in Delaware County
Watching my brother, taking walks and playing pool
- Why did you want to become a RA?
A lot of reasons, but the main reason was to help people. I grew up with a brother with disabilities, so it was a different experience for me and I wanted to help others who are like my brother.
- What is the most valuable part of being a RA?
The most valuable part is meeting a lot of different people. Whether it is throughout the halls or on campus, I will see residents or other people I know and I think it is a great way to meet new people and get to know everyone.
- What is your favorite program you held for your residents?
My favorite are the community builder programs RAs have. One community builder I did was creating the name tags for the doors, I thought it was cool for everyone to make them and be able to meet new people from doing it. Also, the RAs are creating their own Relay for Life team so I think that is great as well.
- What do you hope your residents get out of you being their RA?
I hope they know that they can trust me. Having a safe experience here and promoting being involved is very great in making a safe environment for the residents. This can make the residents happy and I just want them to know that they are safe and have someone to talk to.
- Do you have any valuable tips or tricks that you have learned from your time here at MU to pass on to other students?
I would say it would be to take time for yourself. Schedules are very hectic but it is very important to take time for yourself. Also, asking for IDs as a RA is very important because it creates a safe space and builds respect.
- What is your favorite part of living in the residence halls?
I think being around a lot of people. I would rather be in a residence hall compared to an apartment.
- Why did you choose to come to Millersville?
My uncle came here so he knew about the school. Also, originally I came in as a Meteorology major and Millersville has a really great program for that. This was also the only school I applied to.
- What is your favorite class you have taken at Millersville?
This takes a lot of thought. I think either Calc 1 or Behavior Modification.
- Do you have any upcoming events?
I don’t , but I want to do an event that is Autism related in the beginning of April.