The Department of University Housing & Conference Services (UHCS) is seeking returning students, staff, faculty, and alumni to serve as volunteer “Movers & Shakers” for new student move-in help on Friday, August 19, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Additionally, we are seeking volunteers to also help with our transfer student move-in on Saturday, August 20, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Movers & Shakers are responsible for meeting and greeting new students, their families, and helping to move students’ belongings into their rooms in the residence halls.
*Returning Honors College students may also sign up to help with LLC student move in on Thursday, August 18, 2022 from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Student Movers & Shakers will be required to attend a short instructional meeting on Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 8:00 p.m. in the Great Room of South Village.
Benefits of being a volunteer “Mover & Shaker” includes the following responsibilities and benefits:
1. Volunteers who live in the residence halls can move in early on Thursday, August 18, 2022 between 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
2. A free limited edition t-shirt to identify yourself as a “Mover & Shaker” (*the t-shirt logo is illustrated above)
3. Free continental breakfast served on Friday and Saturday
4. Free lunch served on Friday afternoon
5. Students who help on both Friday and Saturday will receive a special gift.
6. The opportunity to be a servant leader
7. To actively demonstrate our EPPIIC Values as we welcome new students and their families to Millersville University
This is an exciting opportunity as it brings our University community together to celebrate the beginning of the new academic year. We hope you’ll be a part of this great tradition!