The Department of University Housing & Conference Services (UHCS) is looking for returning students, staff, faculty, and alumni to serve as volunteer “Movers & Shakers” for move-in help on Thursday, August 19, 2021 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Additionally, we are seeking volunteers to also help with our transfer student move-in on Saturday, August 21, 2021 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 a.m. Movers & Shakers are responsible for meeting and greeting new students, their families, and helping to move students’ belongings into their rooms in the residence halls.
Student Movers & Shakers will be required to attend a short instructional meeting on Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. in the Great Room of South Village.
Benefits of being a volunteer “Mover & Shaker” includes the following responsibilities and benefits:
1. Volunteers who live in the residence halls can move in early on Wednesday, August 18, 2021 between 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
2. A free limited edition t-shirt to identify yourself as a “Mover & Shaker” (*the t-shirt logo is illustrated above)
3. Free continental breakfast served on Thursday and Saturday
4. Free lunch served on Thursday afternoon
5. Students who help on both Thursday and Saturday will receive a special Millersville University promotional item.
6. The opportunity to be a servant leader
7. To actively demonstrate our EPPIIC Values as we welcome new students and their families to Millersville University
This is an exciting opportunity as it brings our University community together to celebrate the beginning of the new academic year. We hope you’ll be a part of this great tradition!