Millersville University has initiated plans to have students move into the residence halls over the course of a week starting on Monday, August 17th at 8:00 AM and concluding on Sunday, August 23rd at 8:00 PM. We want to provide you with direction related to moving in to your residence hall in the safest and most orderly manner possible. We do understand this is going to cause various logistical hardships, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work through this stressful time.
- Prior to moving in, all residential students will need to electronically sign the housing agreement and newly added addendum by logging into their MAX account and following these menu choices: Student Services >> Housing and Dining >> MyHousing >> Applications >> Fall 2020 Application.
- Be sure to have a photo submitted for your Millersville University ID.
- Upon arriving to campus, please go directly to your residence hall to check-in and retrieve your key. Signage will be posted throughout campus to direct you to your specific hall. For our new students moving in Monday – Thursday, there will be student leaders in front of the Student Memorial Center (SMC) to assist with wayfinding and answer general questions.
- Once you have parked, the student should go directly to the front desk of their residence hall. Again, signage will be posted outside the residence halls directing you to the main entrance. All guests should remain outside and begin unloading items until the student returns.
- No more than two (2) guests may accompany the student inside the residence hall during the move-in process.
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the residence halls.
- In order to practice safe social distancing, we are staggering the move-in process to one-hour time blocks for each residential area. Students – please refer to the email that was sent to your MU Email account that contain the links to sign up for a time slot.
- If you need to change your reservation, you can do so by referring to the “Edit My Sign-Up” instructions that will be included in your sign-up confirmation email from Sign-Up Genius.
- Please understand that there will be limited University services open throughout campus for walk-in’s during any part of the move-in schedule.
- We strongly encourage students to bring their own handcarts and / or carts as there will be none available to assist with moving-in. Unlike our past fall move-in processes, there will be no volunteers assisting with carrying student belongings to the rooms.
- For a list of recommended items and belongings to bring with you, check out our blog post titled “Fall 2020 Move-In: What to Bring“
- You are required to bring your own personal protection equipment, such as masks and gloves to utilize inside of the residence hall along with any disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer. Please note, the use of facial masks are required while on the Millersville University campus.
- Students should also bring with them a personal thermometer for daily self-screening.
- You may want to coordinate with your suitemates (if applicable) to coordinate different move-in dates and / or times in order to maximize social distancing efforts.
- Dumpsters will be located outside of the residence halls so that you are able to dispose of any trash. Please breakdown all boxes before disposing.
We are working under federal, state and PASSHE guidance. Please continue to view the University’s Coronavirus page for updates as well as checking your student email account for ongoing information.