On December 4, 2019, Housing and Residential Programs teamed up with PSECU to help current residents start budgeting to pay for their housing deposit and residence hall expenses for the 2020-2021 school year. Current residents who stopped by the table in the SMC were able to win a free 43″ Samsung TV or one of five housing deposit waivers.
Students unfamiliar with paying the housing deposit were also given instructions on where to pay the non-refundable deposit within their MAX account. On the Main Menu, students will click on the Housing Deposit link towards the bottom of the page.
(The student view of MAX will look a little different, but the Housing Deposit link is still the second from the bottom.)
Students will have the option of paying with a credit card or an electronic check.
The non-refundable housing deposit guarantees a room for Fall 2020, but it is applied to the Spring 2021 bill. Simply, your Spring 2021 housing bill will be $200 less than your Fall 2020 bill because you’ve already paid the $200 the prior Spring.
64 residents stopped by the table and entered the drawing. Yalina Ramos was the lucky winner of the free TV! Congrats!
Please follow these steps to ensure that you have your student housing secured for the 2019 – 2020 academic year.
To Continue to Live On-Campus for Fall 2019 – Spring 2020
Steps to follow:
- Secure your on-campus housing by paying your $200 non-refundable housing deposit on your MAX account
- March 1 – 4, 2019: Match with your roommates. (Make sure it is mutual)
- If you plan on living in the same room with the same roommates DO NOT match
- Select your room (Dates below)
You can select your room through your MAX account. Make sure you select your room according to the following schedule:
- Shenks Hall Only: Tuesday, March 5, 2019. Please note that Shenks fills up very fast.
- Same Room Selection: March 6th – March 10, 2019. DO NOT match with roommates if you are already living with them and want the same room.
- Open Room Selection: March 19 – March 29, 2019
Remember the University’s Housing Residency Requirement:
All full-time undergraduate students with less than 60- credit hours earned are required to live on campus. On campus is defined as residing in one of the following residence halls: East Village, Reighard Hall, Shenks Hall, South Village, or West Village. Students interested in living off-campus must have completed at least 60 credits before they can move off-campus.
Students who have not yet completed 60-credit hours but have completed at least 30-credit hours can live in our affiliate housing. Affiliate housing is defined as any housing managed by Student Lodging, Inc. (SLI), which includes Brookwood, College View, Wellness, and other properties owned by SLI.
To Live in Student Lodging, Inc. (SLI) Affiliate Housing
Steps to follow:
- Submit an off-campus request to HARP through MAX. See the instructions below.
- If approved, you will receive a waiver from HARP emailed with a specific waiver number. At that point, you may apply with SLI at their office. You must provide your printed waiver to the SLI office staff.
- Complete your application and payment with SLI. All students planning to live in an apartment together must have approved waivers before the SLI application will be accepted.
*Note: Affiliate housing waivers are limited and are based on a first come, first served basis provided that space is available.
HARP Off-Campus Request
- Log into your MAX account.
- Select Student Services. Then select Housing and Dining
- You will then choose Off Campus Housing Request for the Fall 2019 term.
- Provide all the required information and choose your off-campus option (Off-Campus / Student Lodging or Commuting).
- Select I agree to the terms and your request will be submitted for Fall 2019.
- You will be notified regarding your waiver request.
If approved for SLI , you will receive two emails. One as an approval from MAX and one with the actual waiver number listed. You then must take this printed waiver to SLI as part of the application process.
Can you smell what Room Selection is cooking!? Well if you can, that means that is time to apply and secure your Housing for Fall 2018-Spring 2019! Of course around this time you get frantic not knowing where to live, but rest assured that when you’re done reading, all of your worries will go away!
If you already “Rock Bottomed” your Housing Deposit, then you are on the right track. If you haven’t already, put a “Smackdown” on that (non-refundable) $200. You still have time to do so! Housing Deposits have opened again effectively immediately! After that, you still want to be sure that you Apply Online and Sign the Housing Agreement: MAX Account->Student Services->Housing and Dining->My Housing->Apply Online
Now you’re onto Matching Roommates! Since the time frame for the Housing Deposit has been changed, being able to select a roommate will considerably be more flexible for all of you!
You are almost done! You have Batista Bombed, Five Knuckle Shuffled, and RKO’d your way to successfully selecting your room! There is just one thing left to do…The dates of the Residence Hall openings either for a new dorm, same room, or open room are listed below:
Shenks Hall Only: March 23rd (Shenks fills up fast! You have been warned)
Same Room selection: March 26th-March 29th
New Residence Hall: March 29th-April 13th
Well would you look at that…you are the champion of Room selection. Be sure to talk with your friends about what you have read, so when the time comes rooming together will not be an issue! Also let parents know what your plans are so they can help too! Happy Room Selection. Be sure to adhere to the dates in bold and underlined they will help you!