The residence halls will close at 5:00 PM on Friday, May 7, 2021. Residents are expected to move out of the residence halls and return room keys within 24 hours after their last exam. Resident students who are graduating or are involved in graduation must speak with their Residential Area Director by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 to obtain permission to remain in the halls until Saturday, May 8, 2021. Those given permission to stay until Saturday must check out by 6:00 PM on Saturday, May 8, 2021.
Students may move out prior to finals provided that you make arrangements with your Residential Area Director to turn in your keys.
Carefully review the following information to avoid violations of the Student Code of Conduct and additional charges for improperly checking out of your residence hall room.
QUIET HOURS FOR FINAL EXAMS:
Please keep your fellow students in mind as they prepare for exams. Quiet hours will be maintained at all times, 24 hours a day, beginning at 9:00 PM Friday, April 30, 2021 and continuing through 6:00 PM Saturday, May 8, 2021.
Prior to leaving for the summer break, all resident students MUST properly check out of their room. ALL residents must do the following prior to the actual check-out:
- Remove all belongings from your area of the room (open desk/dresser drawers).
- Dispose of trash by removing it to the dumpster area of your residence hall.
- Clean the room including sweeping the floor and wiping down furniture to remove dust and sticky residue.
- Clean the bathrooms. This would include cleaning the toilet, shower, sink and floor areas.
- Return furniture to its original position (see schematics posted on the bulletin board of your hallway).
- Un-bunk beds and make sure that the bed frame is at the proper height (3rd and 4th slots from the bottom).
The LAST resident to check-out of a room should also do the following:
- Turn off the lights.
- Set the thermostat to 70 degrees.
- Close and lock the window.
- Lower the blinds halfway but leave them open.
- Lock your bedroom door.
This is the ONLY method of check out being offered this semester to provide a contact-less and quick check out process.
- Proceed to the main desk/lobby of your residence hall where you will find express check-out envelopes on a table.
- Complete all information required on the front of the envelope.
- Sign where indicated.
- Place your room key inside the envelope (Shenks/Reighard residents should include your parking pass), and seal it with the tape provided.
- If you have lost your key, complete the envelope, and write on the front: “No key enclosed, lost key.”
- Drop the envelope into the lock box located near the front desk.
Remember to take your bicycle with you as you leave campus. As of Sunday, May 9, 2021, all bicycles left in the residential areas will be donated to charity.
The last day for mail delivery will be Friday, May 7, 2021. Unclaimed mail and packages will be returned to sender. The mailroom cannot forward packages to your home address so please plan accordingly.
Registered Summer Session residents will be assigned to live in South Village A wing. You must move out of your spring room assignment by the deadlines published above even if residing in South A. There is no storage available. Please remove all belongings at spring closing and checkout using the instructions above.
For information regarding summer housing, please contact the Department of Housing & Residential Programs in Lombardo at (717) 871-4200 or see “Summer Housing” on the Housing webpage. Housing is available during Summer Sessions 1, 2, & 3 only for residents registered for summer session classes.
Best wishes for a restful and safe summer season!