The Department of Housing & Residential Programs (HARP) is looking for returning students, staff, faculty, and alumni to serve as volunteer “Movers & Shakers” for move-in help on Thursday, August 22, 2019 from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Additionally, we are seeking volunteers to also help with our transfer student move-in on Saturday, August 24, 2019 from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Movers & Shakers are responsible for meeting and greeting new students, their families, and helping to move students’ belongings into their rooms in the residence halls.
Student Movers & Shakers will be required to attend a short instructional meeting on Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 8:00 PM in the Great Room of South Village.
Benefits of being a volunteer “Mover & Shaker” includes the following responsibilities and benefits:
1. Volunteers who live in the residence halls can move in early on Wednesday, August 21, 2019 between 6:00 – 7:30 PM.
2. A free limited edition t-shirt to identify yourself as a “Mover & Shaker” (*last year’s t-shirt logo is illustrated above)
3. Free continental breakfast served on Thursday and Saturday
4. Free lunch served on Thursday afternoon
5. Students who help on both Thursday and Saturday will receive a special Millersville University promotional item (*last year Saturday volunteers received a cell phone pop socket.)
6. The opportunity to be a servant leader
7. To actively demonstrate our EPPIIC Values as we welcome new students and their families to Millersville University
This is an exciting opportunity as it brings our University community together to celebrate the beginning of the new academic year. We hope you’ll be a part of this great tradition!