As college students it is very common for us to feel the sensation of ‘burnout’. This feeling very often comes right after we come back to school from Thanksgiving break to make our final stretch. We are experiencing a cycle of ongoing stress, we are tired, lose motivation and are focused on other things like the holidays instead of our upcoming tests. The last couple weeks of the semester are very hard and after a break we do not want to get back into the work loads ahead of us. If you need motivation to make that last push and ace your finals, here are some inspirational quotes to get you back on the grind.
- “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
- “Procrastination makes easy things hard, hard things harder.” – Mason Cooley
- “A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.”
- “Destiny is for losers; it’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.” – Blair Waldorf
- “Sometimes, you need to step outside get some air and remind yourself who you are and where you want to be.” – Gossip Girl
- “There is no secret to success. It is the result of preparation , hard work and learning from failure.” – General Colin Powell
- “When it’s finals week and you’ve been studying for five hours straight, you need three things to get you through the night. The biggest Slurpee you can find, half cherry half Coke. Pajama pants, the kind that have been washed so many times they are tissue-paper thin. And finally, dance breaks. Lots of dance breaks.” – Jenny Han
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “You are so close to the victory, don’t you dare give up now.”
- “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” – Kerim Seddiki
- “Don’t let perfection become procrastination.” Danielle LaPorte
- “Don’t study because you need to. Study because knowledge is power. Study because they can never take it away from you. Study because you want to know more. Study because it enhances you. Study because it grows you.” – Anonymous
- “Recipe for success: Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.” – William A. Ward
- “Don’t stop until you’re proud.”
Happy studying! Good luck on all of your upcoming exams and projects and may the curve be ever in your favor.
Cover photo courtesy of Canva.