On April 24, 2018, the University Cabinet approved an updated version of the Housing Residency Requirement for Millersville University students. This post serves as an overview of the policy. You should refer to the full policy by clicking HERE.
Students who have not completed 60-credit hours are required to live on campus for the full term of their housing agreement. On-campus housing is defined as residing in one of the following residence halls: East Village, Reighard Hall, Shenks Hall, South Village, and the West Village. Students are obligated to the full term of their housing agreement regardless of the credit hours completed.
Students not fulfilling their obligation to the on-campus residency requirement without an approved waiver, will be billed accordingly for the cost of housing and a meal plan at the current rate for a double suite in the Villages and a 19-meal per week meal plan.
- Married students
- Withdrawing from Millersville University
- Approved leave of absence
- Study abroad
- Students providing direct care for a legal dependent
- Students already in possession of a baccalaureate degree or a non-traditional aged student
- Students residing with a parent or court-appointed legal guardian at that person’s permanent home address who is commuting fewer than 40 miles one way
- Students, who have not yet completed 60-credit hours but have completed at least 30-credit hours, can apply for a waiver to live in affiliate housing provided that space is available. Affiliate housing is defined as any housing managed by Student Lodging, Inc. (SLI).
Any specific questions about the Housing Residence Requirement can be directed to the Department of Housing & Residential programs at (717) 871-4200 or Housing@millersville.edu.