Are you truly living your best life? If that’s a question you have to think about, or if the answer to it is “No”, don’t worry, we’re here to help. Keep reading to learn our 10 rules for living your very best marauder life:
1. Leave the past in the past: It can be hard not to dwell on the past, but it’s so much better for you when you don’t. You can’t change the past; the only thing you can control is the present and your future. Accepting what has happened and being hopeful about what will happen will help you move on and enjoy every moment of your life.
2. Help others: One of the EPPIIC values that members of the Millersville University community live by is compassion. Being compassionate and helping others is a great way to give back and find happiness. Click here to learn about some volunteer opportunities you can take advantage of right now.
3. Remember what you’re working towards: Keep in mind that everything you’re doing has a purpose. Even if you can’t see the benefits of your actions now, they’ll pay off in time. Continue to work hard and set goals for yourself – the results of your work will be worth it!
4. Love yourself: Life is hectic and stressful. Show yourself some love and give yourself a pat on the back for how you handle all of life’s craziness. Be proud of who you are. Remember to also take time to yourself and do things that make you happy. Click here to read our blog post that includes self care tips that will help you show your mind and body some love.
5. Live your values: Like I mentioned before, Millersville University’s core values are EPPIIC. EPPIIC stands for exploration, professionalism, public mission, inclusion, integrity, and compassion. Marauders should strive to be EPPIIC whenever and however they can, while also reinforcing their own personal values. Click here to read more about EPPIIC values at Millersville.
6. Focus on the positives: Similarly to focusing on the past, focusing on the negatives won’t do you much good. Having a positive outlook on life will help improve your overall happiness. Once you start noticing the good things, you’ll be able to handle the negative things more easily, or forget about them entirely.
7. Keep a journal: For me, writing down how I’m feeling is a great way to decompress, but it’s also a great way for me to express my thoughts and stay in touch with my emotions. I recommend keeping a journal or downloading a journaling app like this one that I use. Writing journal entries will give you time to be completely honest with yourself, learn about yourself, and reflect.
8. Visualize your dreams: Before you can make your dreams come true, you have to visualize them. Do the following with each of your goals: Acknowledge why you want to achieve it, how you will achieve it, and how you will feel once you achieve it. Understanding what you want, how you can get it, and how great you’ll feel once you do that will inspire you to follow your dreams.
9. Don’t sell yourself short: You’re capable of amazing things. Remind yourself of that everyday. If something doesn’t go the way you want it to, don’t give up! Use that as motivation to keep trying. You can’t be great unless you’ve convinced yourself you’re capable of greatness.
10. Take care of your health: Your mental and physical health is so important. Taking care of your body and mind will improve your well-being. You can take walks, read books, meditate, cook healthy meals, and much more to stay healthy and happy. Don’t underestimate the power of a healthy lifestyle.
Follow these 10 rules and you’ll be living your best life in no time! You got this, marauders!
Subscribe to our blog to receive email notifications whenever we make a new post!
Follow us on social media:
Twitter: @villehousing. Twitter QR Code:
Instagram: @villehousing. Instagram Nametag: