Sometimes, we can get so caught up in the stress of our daily lives and become so distracted that we forget to slow down every now and then and enjoy our lives. College isn’t always easy and can definitely be overwhelming every now and then. That’s why it’s important to take a step back and appreciate the simpler things. Doing this will help you relax and live in the moment. After all, life should be enjoyable, not full of stress and frustration. Here are 10 quotes that we hope will remind you that life is short, so you should make sure to enjoy every minute of it:
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” – Dalai Lama
- “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- “Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things” – Kenneth Branagh
- “Learn to enjoy your own company. You are the one person you can count on living with for the rest of your life.” – Ann Richards
- “‘Cars’ was about Lightning McQueen learning to slow down and to enjoy life. The journey is the reward.” – John Lasseter, Director of Cars
- “Do not squander time, for that’s the stuff life is made of.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “We are bombarded on all sides by a vast number of messages we don’t want or need. More information is generated in a single day than we can absorb in a lifetime. To fully enjoy life, all of us must find our own breathing space and peace of mind.” – James E. Faust
- “Live and work but do not forget to play, to have fun in life and really enjoy it.” – Eileen Caddy
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” – Audrey Hepburn
I know that “YOLO” is outdated, but it’s true: You really do only live once, so you should try to make the most of it. Would you rather say you spent your whole life overthinking things and letting negative thoughts control you, or that you lived your life to the fullest and enjoyed all the amazing things life has to offer? These quotes helped me realize I should spend my time enjoying life and being happy, and I hope they’ve done the same for you!
Subscribe to our blog to receive email notifications whenever we make a new post!
Follow us on social media:
Twitter: @villehousing. Twitter QR Code:
Instagram: @villehousing. Instagram Nametag: