Matthew 20

Matthew 20

The parable of the landowner. 

Matthew 20:15-16 NIV

[15] Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’ [16] “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

It is easy to be jealous of others. There is always someone that has more or bigger or newer. On the other hand there will always be someone that has less. In the parable of the land owner we see people that are angry because those that don’t believe as long and aren’t as involved with the church get the same grace. We should be glad that they are saved and will be with us in heaven. I read somewhere that being able to bring someone to Christ is the biggest miracle that we are ever likely to see. 

Matthew 20:34 NIV

[34] Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed him.

The first part of this verse sums up one the reasons I am a believer; “Jesus had compassion on them…”. And we are to do likewise. Jesus had compassion for the marginalized. And we are called to do likewise. Who is in the marginalized that would say you had compassion on them?