Spring will be here soon with no classes being held March 11-16! During this time campus will remain open, but will be less active.
Some of you may be taking advantage of this break to plan a trip or take a few days to relax and recharge. No matter what your plans, continue reading for preparations to make regarding international travel and remaining on campus during that time.
- If your visa is expired and you leave the country, you will need to get in renewed while abroad before entering the U.S. This is not recommended during this break, as it’s so short.
- Any student traveling internationally during break needs to have the travel endorsement signature on their I-20 (page 2) or DS-2019 (page 1).
- If your I-20/DS-2019 was previously signed and the signature is a year old, you will need to have it signed again.
- Signatures are only good for one year.
Stop by our offices in Adams House or Cumberland to have you documents signed.
- On-campus student wishing to stay in the residence halls during break must register for break housing in your Myville Account. Speak with your RA if you are unable to find it in your account.
- Requests must be submitted no later than 4:00pm on Wednesday, March 6th.
- Students not staying on campus during the break are required to vacate the residence halls by Friday, October 5th at 7:00 p.m.
- Refer to the Housing’s Break Bulletin for more details.
- During break MU dining options are more limited and you cannot use your meal plan after Friday evening.
- Refer to the Campus Dining Schedule for what dining services will be available during this time.
- ALL CAMPUS DINING OPTIONS ARE CLOSED ON SUNDAY, MARCH 10TH
- Meal plans cannot be used after Friday, March 8th. Students will have to use FLEX, Marauder Gold, cash, or credit card.
- Meal plans start again on Sunday, March 17th.
- Due to the restrictions with dining services you may wish to visit local grocery stores in addition to dining on-campus.
Local Grocery Stores:
- The closest grocery store to campus, John Herr’s, is about a 20 minute walk. It is located near the end of George Street at 25 Manor Avenue. Their business hours are found here.
- Another nearby grocery store is Weis Markets located at the Manor Shopping Center at 1204 Millersville Pike, Lancaster PA. Students can take the #16 bus
You’ve almost made it to the a well-deserved break. Keep going strong! If you have any questions regarding the information above feel free to stop by Adams House to speak with someone from our office.