Below is some important information regarding the upcoming winter break.
- Any student traveling internationally needs to have the travel endorsement signature on their I-20 (page 2) or DS-2019 (page 1) up to date.
- If your I-20/DS-2019 was previously signed and the signature is a year old from when you will reenter the U.S. (dated before January 22, 2018), you will need to have it signed again. Signatures are only good for one year.
- Stop by Cumberland House or Adams House to have your document signed.
- The residence halls will close for the fall semester at 12:00 noon on Saturday, December 15.
- All students staying on-campus during winter break will be required to register for Winter Break Housing in your MAX account by 8PM on December 12th.
- Students not taking classes over Winter Term or returning for the spring semester are required to check out of the residence halls by Saturday, December 15 at 12 noon.
- The residence halls will reopen on Sunday, January 20 at 12:00 noon for the spring 2019 semester.
- Dining options on-campus are more limited during the winter term, and there are many days when no dining services are available on campus.
- Meal plans cannot be used during winter term. Students will have to use FLEX, Marauder Gold, cash, or credit card.
- Important Dates for Dining Services
- Sunday, December 16: Fall meal plans end after lunch
- Monday, December 17: ALL dining operations closed on-campus
- December 24-January 1: ALL dining operations closed on-campus
- Spring meal plans resume at lunch on January 22.
- Refer to the Schedule for Finals Week/December and January Dining Service Schedule for complete details.
- There will be no dining services available on-campus from December 23-January 1. Students are encouraged to visit local grocery stores ahead of time.
Local Grocery Stores:
- The closest grocery store to campus, John Herr’s, is about a 20 minute walk. It is located near the end of George Street at 25 Manor Avenue. Their business hours are found here and they will be closed on Christmas Day (December 25) or New Year’s Day (January 1).
- Another nearby grocery store is Weis Markets located at the Manor Shopping Center at 1204 Millersville Pike, Lancaster PA. Students can take the #16 bus there, but this bus will not be running on Christmas Day (December 25) or New Year’s Day (January 1), so students should plan to purchase food beforehand.
You’ve almost made it to the end of the semester. Keep going strong! If you have any questions regarding the information above feel free to stop by Cumberland House or Adams House for more information.
Don’t know what to do over the winter break? Check out this article on that very topic!