Fall Break will be here soon with no classes being held on Monday, October 9th and Tuesday, October 10th! During this time campus with still remain open, but will be less active.
Some of you may be taking advantage of this break to plan a trip or take a few days to relax and recharge. No matter what your plans, continue reading for preparations to make for break regarding international travel and remaining on campus during that time.
- Any student traveling internationally during break needs to have the travel endorsement signature on their I-20 (page 2) or DS-2019 (page 1).
- If your I-20/DS-2019 was previously signed and the signature is a year old, you will need to have it signed again. Signatures are only good for one year.
- Stop by Global Education to have you documents signed.
- On-campus student wishing to stay in the residence halls during break must complete a request form with Housing. Housing will be emailing you specific instructions on how to do this soon.
- Students not staying on campus during the break are required to vacate the residence halls by Friday, October 10th at 7:00 p.m.
- During break MU dining options are more limited and you cannot use your meal plan after Friday evening.
- Refer to the Campus Dining Schedule for what dining services will be available during this time. Campus Dining Schedule
- Meal plans cannot be used during break. Students will have to use FLEX, Marauder Gold, cash, or credit card.
- Do to the restrictions with dining services you may wish to visit local grocery stores in addition to dining on
Local Grocery Stores:
- The closest grocery store to campus, John Herr’s, is about a 20 minute walk. It is located near the end of George Street at 25 Manor Avenue. Their business hours are found here.
- Another nearby grocery store is Weis Markets located at the Manor Shopping Center at 1204 Millersville Pike, Lancaster PA. Students can take the #16 bus
You’ve almost made it to the a well-deserved break. Keep going strong! If you have any questions regarding the information above feel free to reach out to the Global Education office.