All faculty, staff, or students are encouraged to apply to the We Are Global Campaign. ‘We Are Global’ aims to spread awareness of the international student and faculty populations, study abroad opportunities and past participants, and the international initiatives of MU. We hope to show the diversity of the campus and show that you can participate in global initiatives no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, major, class standing, and more!
You are one of the faces that represents everything international at Millersville University! For this reason, we at Global Education would love for you to participate in ‘We Are Global.’ If you participate your story will be featured on our “We Are Global” blog and will be shared on our social media accounts periodically throughout the semester.
Read We Are Global Stories.
If you are interested in participating please review the campaign website for instructions.
There is rolling admissions for summer, fall, and academic year study abroad applications up to the firm deadline of March 1st. In order to apply to a program, search for the program on the Global Education Portal. On the program’s brochure page there is a “Apply Now” button. Click this button to start an application.
Are you interested in Global Initiatives at Millersville University? Consider becoming a Global Ambassador!
The Global Ambassador Program (GAP) promotes international education and leadership opportunities for Millersville University students. Global Ambassadors will support the transition of international students and the reintegration of study abroad alumni to campus by actively taking part in a variety of international initiatives on campus. In addition, Global Ambassadors will promote the overall goal of creating an internationalized campus community.
See more program information and a sample list of activities HERE.
Why be a Global Ambassador?
- International Leadership Seminar – Participate in global leadership training.
- International Skills Workshop – Help develop your global skills for resumes and job interviews.
- Recognition of participation every semester; recognition during final semester for overall participation
- Networking and professional experience.
- Participate in events and excursions for free when volunteering or hosting an event.
- Give back to MU!
Once accepted: you will need to complete your initial semester.
- Initial Semester: You must complete 12 You must participate in a minimum of two separate activities.
- To remain an “Active” Ambassador: You must complete 10 points per semester.
- To request to become an “Inactive” Ambassador: If you are finding the commitment too difficult and need to become “inactive” for one semester, please notify Global Education. You will still be contacted about various events to participate in.
Apply: There is a rolling admissions process up until the deadline. The application and instructions can be found HERE.
Deadline for Fall Participation: September 1st
*Global Education has an immediate need for International Student Orientation volunteers, and mentors. Any faculty/staff that would like to volunteer may contact Global.Education@Millersville.edu separately.
Global Education Staff
Currently there are openings for ELI instructors for fall 2017 at Millersville University’s English Language Institute. If you are interested in learning more about the position and hiring process please refer to the website below: