Are you interested in Global Initiatives at Millersville University? Consider becoming a Global Ambassador!
The Global Ambassador Program (GAP) promotes international education and leadership opportunities for Millersville University students. Global Ambassadors will support the transition of international students and the reintegration of study abroad alumni to campus by actively taking part in a variety of international initiatives on campus. In addition, Global Ambassadors will promote the overall goal of creating an internationalized campus community.
See more program information and a sample list of activities HERE.
Why be a Global Ambassador?
- International Leadership Seminar – Participate in global leadership training.
- International Skills Workshop – Help develop your global skills for resumes and job interviews.
- Recognition of participation every semester; recognition during final semester for overall participation
- Networking and professional experience.
- Participate in events and excursions for free when volunteering or hosting an event.
- Give back to MU!
Once accepted: you will need to complete your initial semester.
- Initial Semester: You must complete 12 You must participate in a minimum of two separate activities.
- To remain an “Active” Ambassador: You must complete 10 points per semester.
- To request to become an “Inactive” Ambassador: If you are finding the commitment too difficult and need to become “inactive” for one semester, please notify Global Education. You will still be contacted about various events to participate in.
Apply: There is a rolling admissions process up until the deadline. The application and instructions can be found HERE.
Deadline for Fall Participation: September 1st
*Global Education has an immediate need for International Student Orientation volunteers, and mentors. Any faculty/staff that would like to volunteer may contact Global.Education@Millersville.edu separately.
Global Education Staff