Managing Your Money in College
Click the image above to watch the recent presentation from our MU to Go series entitled “Managing Your Money in College” presented by our very own, Kristyne Schonhaut! Kristyne works in our Student Memorial Center PSECU location and here delivers a very informative presentation about financial literacy and getting started with a free account as a student. She also provides some great information for families too. Check it out!
Reminder for Families Interested
Register and receive a special gift for your student!
After you register for a GRIT presentation, we will provide your student with a free (retail value: $19.99) access code to complete the CliftonStrengths assessment.
CliftonStrengths is a Web-based personal development tool built upon positive psychology. It identifies patterns of thought, feeling, and behavior at which we excel and encourages us to use the related “talents” more intentionally to create success in all aspects of our lives. It supports the University’s efforts to promote GRIT by giving your student a tool to increase persistence and supports a growth mindset by building on what they already do well.
The June 25th presentation at 1:00pm is coming up and we look forward to seeing you at the live Zoom event!
Transition for Families
Click the image above to view the recorded presentation from our very own Dr. Daniel O’Neill. He is a professor and member of the Counseling and Human Development Department and this presentation seeks to provide families with the resources necessary to aid their transition as families of first-time-in-college students. It’s definitely a great watch, check it out!
What New Students Need to Know
- Make sure your student has activated their Millersville University Accounts. Help them get started here.
- Your student should contact their academic department chair or advisor to discuss class registration.
As Soon As Possible
- Your student must complete the necessary academic placement assessments.
- Your student must complete financial aid requirements.
- Your student must complete their online housing agreement (for Residential Students ONLY).
By July 20th
- It is recommended that your student sign up for third party authorization to access electronic bills.
- Fall semester bills become available.
By August 1st
- Your student must complete their health services evaluation forms.
- Your student must submit a photo online or have one taken for their Marauder OneCard Student ID. Click here for a video tutorial on how to submit a photo online.
- Parking decal portal opens.
- For veterans using military benefits, contact the Veteran Certifying Official.
By August 5th
- Fall semester bills are due. Bills will be made available July 20th.
By August 14th
- Your student should complete the Marauder Arrival Program (MAP).
Orientation for New Residential Students from 8am to 9pm.
MU to Go Days:
June 19th | June 29th | July 15th | July 28th | August 10th
Check out http://millersville.edu/fall-admitted/ for more info!
Campus Wellness Q&A
Tuesday June 16th, 2:00-3:00pm
This panel discussion will explore ways in which Millersville University will navigate the upcoming academic year impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic. Although things may still be uncertain, we encourage students and families to ask questions regarding their futures at Millersville University. Please note, this process is ever-evolving. As the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education meets to discuss possible options for the Fall, President Wubah has shared he will keep us informed and on top of any new developments. We want you to know sharing your comments and questions helps us to get answers. Thank you in advance!
If you would like to register for this event, click here. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you will join us!