George Street Press is Millersville University’s literary magazine, open to students and faculty alike. Submissions are open for the Spring 2019 Edition!
This year, the club will be accepting submissions until March 8th. One student/faculty/alumni university member may submit:
- 3 poems (one poem cannot exceed two pages)
- 2 pieces of prose (one piece should not exceed 4,000 words)
- 2 pieces of non-fiction (one piece should not exceed 4,000 words)
- 3 pieces of flash-fiction (each 500 words or less)
- 5 pieces of original art (submit in .jpg format)
- 1 experimental piece (found poems, screen-plays, the strange, genre-bending, and unknown)
To submit, please email GeorgeStreetPressSubmissions@gmail.com with your name, contact info (phone number/email), as well as any notes about your pieces for the editors. All documents must be in .docx or .doc format, and art pieces must be in .jpg format. Once a piece is printed into the magazine, the writer is officially a printed author! This is a perfect opportunity for English Majors to get ahead in the creative world.
About a week before the end of the semester, the George Street Press will host a release party for the Spring 2019 Edition! Stay tuned for more information. Here are some photos from last year’s event:
Contact Kitsey Shehan or Sara Pizzo for more information about club meetings/submission guidelines or visit their Get Involved page. Photo Credit: GSP