My R2P Reflection

Reflection of Experience & the Semester

The Beginning:

Going into this class I had no idea I would have a teacher blog. I didn’t think I would be placing myself online and presenting what I have done within a professional and educational field. I have never done anything like this before so I wasn’t sure how it was going to go. I played with the various ways to go about the R2P, but I enjoyed the blog the most. So I stuck with it for the project. 

The Middle:

I originally thought that this would be pretty easy. I was wrong and it ended up being more complicated than I thought. Throughout the experience, I messed with formatting, styling, visuals and everything in between. I learned about a lot, but the one thing that stood out the most was the rhetorical triangle. I had never heard of it until I started the R2P and I think it made me learn a lot. The triangle showed me the importance of the audience, the author, and the message of your content. There is a happy balance between the all three and balancing the three allows for a quality and successful post. 

The End:

From learning this, it brought me to where I am now. Now we are at the end of the semester and I have learned a lot. With my experience in writing blog posts, I think now I will be better at connecting with others on the web. I think I will use something like this once I graduate and I am out trying to get a teaching job. I think I could also use this within my classroom and have a classroom blog for my students and parents. From learning this I have found more enjoyment in reading blogs and learning the insight of other current teachers. This will allow me to gain new and more knowledge about the education world from others that are currently in it. Part of being a teacher is continuously learning and gaining new ideas. This experience certainly grew me as a learner and I plan to continue this learning in the future. I can thank my amazing professor for this great opportunity at learning! 🙂