November 7, Harvest Day


Today Aaron and I checked on our system and were surprised to see that some of our plants were ready to harvest.   We started the day by adding water and checking the ph level which was a little high.  So we added some ph lowering powder and were able to get our ph level down to 5.7.  After class we harvested about half of our plants and tried a leaf or two.  They were delicious.

November 5th

Today Connor concluded the research on a small lady bug we found on our project. After removing him safely (for his health and project survival) we undertook a side research to see if this little friend was good to have. As far as we know it is not a concern but no positive benefits have been named. I added more water today and ensured that i gave my plants a good pep-talk!