Why I Write By Tyler Helsabeck

There are several reasons why I write, but one single reason overtakes them all.

I write because I have to write. I MUST get my thoughts onto paper. I’m not talking about school papers or work writing, although I enjoy both of them. I am talking about writing down my

Thoughts and emotions.

My thoughts.

And,

My emotions.

All people suffer through thoughts and emotions. I don’t know if all people are haunted by them because they never cede,

but I am.

Oftentimes it seems as though I am in a tunnel, surrounded by unrelenting thoughts. Everywhere I go, the merciless, constant thoughts trail me. Everywhere I turn, another remorseless thought is there. When I close my eyes at the end of the day, there are more thoughts, good and bad, persisting to be heard on all sides of the tunnel.

I can’t escape them.

But I can write about them. I can turn my thought process into words. These words can paint an image of what I feel. The words allow me to recreate my perpetual mental experience and morph it into a metaphor. Sometimes a metaphor is enough to get a point across.

At the end of the day, it is incredibly difficult have words describe emotions. But it is important to try to capture these persistent feelings. These thoughts are fleeting and ever-occurring; there will never be enough time to write them all down. And, in the end, it doesn’t even matter if I do write them all down because I will die anyway.

Either way though, it provides some nice relief in the tunnel to be able to shine some light on the thoughts in this dark tunnel of never-ending thoughts.